BostonGC2002

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation:
Apply through comp A for future emp
While I140 approved I was working for Com B as permanent emp
Comp A file I485 for feature emp in Feb 2002
I got laid off from comp B in oct 2003
I join comp A and got project for three months
After that I join short project for 2 weeks with comp A (rate was too low)
Now I join Comp C on 1099 for three months contract
I got RFE for my I485
This current employer is not giving me employment letter with words permanent employee instead they give me letter using words independent contractor.
My lawyer say’s this letter will no going to work
I talk to Comp A aging and they are willing to give me future employment letter again.
Is it possible I can attach both letter’s from comp C and Comp A
What will be the best option for me ?
My RFE details = letter from current employer including date of hire, duties and scope of continuing employment, two months paystubs, last year tax return’s and w2.
Please help me guys I m not able sleep these nights..

I think company C did the right thing as you are working for them as an independent contractor for a certain period of time, and they do not intend to hire you as an employee.

On the other hand, you could send an employment letter from comp A as they're still willing to re-hire you as an employee. One important thing to note is the job descritption and the salary they put on the letter should be at least the same as the salary mentioned in the LC.

Looking from the twists and turns in your case, upon receiving the response to the RFE, CIS *could* decide to transfer your case to a local CIS office for an interview. Otherwise, CIS will just approve your case if they're satisfied with the RFE response.

I think GC012002 is very right, my guess is that you are going to get approved if you send employment letter through comp A. Because when you send RFE response USCIS takes action and give a decision on the basis of the information they have. I think you would also need to send W-2s and most recent pay stubs and I feel that is enough evidence for your I-485 to be approved. This is just my opinion, talk to your attorney and take the best action.

Thanks allot GC012002 and PremChopra for reply. My lawyer has same thoughts and his office ask me to reply with Comp A future employment letter. But the thing is CIS state in the RFE to provide the letter from your current employer on orignal letter pad incuding date of hire, duties and prospect of continues employment.

Thanks again

It doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by BostonGC2002
Thanks allot GC012002 and PremChopra for reply. My lawyer has same thoughts and his office ask me to reply with Comp A future employment letter. But the thing is CIS state in the RFE to provide the letter from your current employer on orignal letter pad incuding date of hire, duties and prospect of continues employment.

Thanks again

I have the same question too. It doesn't make sense as GC is for future employment.

OmGv

GC maybe for future employment. But if you current employment prospects doesn't mean much, how is BCIS suppose to make an assumption about a future employment and that it is indeed a better opportunity?

If the applicant's current pay is not substantial or even average and the job title/responsibility is not well defined, it is definitely not fair to expect BCIS to believe in a glorified future employment.

In the current case BOSTON..., his current employment, by all means, is not much. Hell, he cannot make me believe he has a real job (definitely not with his proficiency in english), how does he manage to make BCIS believe in that? I hope he gets lucky somehow.

I know processing times is ridiculous but why blame BCIS when they are trying to follow the rules laid out by them?

We all need to understand that the current employment forms a solid basis for a future employment. It is not possible to get a excellent future job despite having a not-so-real job in the immediate past. If that was the case, no one should have any problem getting the best jobs with the best pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: OmGv

Originally posted by M101
GC maybe for future employment. But ........
In the current case BOSTON..., his current employment, by all means, is not much. Hell, he cannot make me believe he has a real job (definitely not with his proficiency in english), how does he manage to make BCIS believe in that? I hope he gets lucky somehow.

I know processing times is ridiculous but why blame BCIS when they are trying to follow the rules laid out by them?

The poor guy needs help, help him if you can, positive criticism helps, not negative. Not everybody gets lucky and has a steady job until the GC process completes, so please be considerate in your replies....

I suggest two options:
1) If your old employer (company A) is willing to give future employment letter, get it and also get a letter from current employer saying that you are working with them currently. Send both the letters. Even if your current employer mentions that you are on a short term 1099 project with them, it is no problem. What really matters, is the offer letter from Company A.
2) If your old employer (company A) is not willing to co-operate, then start looking vigorously for a new job. With your experience, you should be able to find some job (atleast a small consulting firm which is willing to give the AC21 letter). You have 3 months time to reply to RFE. So don't panick. Plan well and proceed correctly.

BostonGC :

I believe your best bet is to get Company A provide you with an employment letter and also paystubs (if you can pay them the costs).

Thanks allot guys I appreciate all your responses and the time you spent to help me.
I got the letter from Comp A for future employment and I also get letter from current employer for 1099 job.
Regards

Joyd

Joyd:

My reply was definitely not for the person who started the thread 'cos I dont have any. I was replying to OmGv and it was more of an opinion.

Now, your reply sounds like GC will solve all problems and people can get steady jobs. It also comes across as if one doesn't have a GC, he/she cannot survive or is helpless or maybe useless. I am afraid it is not so. Agreed GC gives a lot more lattitue in terms of employment and flexibility moving around jobs, but it aint the answer to every problem. It might be if you make yourself believe in it.

Sorry, Boston....have nothing against you and I dont have any response to your question. my replies were not directed at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Joyd

Joyd:

My reply was definitely not for the person who started the thread 'cos I dont have any. I was replying to OmGv and it was more of an opinion.

Now, your reply sounds like GC will solve all problems and people can get steady jobs. It also comes across as if one doesn't have a GC, he/she cannot survive or is helpless or maybe useless. I am afraid it is not so. Agreed GC gives a lot more lattitue in terms of employment and flexibility moving around jobs, but it aint the answer to every problem. It might be if you make yourself believe in it.

Sorry, Boston....have nothing against you and I dont have any response to your question. my replies were not directed at you.

Here you go again, I don't think you understood my email at all. I have been following your comments in the 140 VSC forum and people have pointed to you time and again for not making rude comments, but some people never learn.

Re: Joyd

Joyd:

It is talking to itself. :D

i have to say JoyD has a point. M101 i don't know it is intentional or not but some of your posts seems to rude and arrogant.

ex: In the current case BOSTON..., his current employment, by all means, is not much.Hell, he cannot make me believe he has a real job (definitely not with his proficiency in english), how does he manage to make BCIS believe in that? I hope he gets lucky somehow.

yes his(BostonGC) posts lack certain level of say grammer but that does not mean you can post above comments.

i wonder where your are originally from i mean country of Birth and raised.