I know why the new processing date didn't move much

GCTheGreat

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Currently the USCIS website shows that it is taking 900 days to process the 485 application. Thats means anyone who applied 900 days ago should receive their approval anytime now, meaning anyone with RD/ND 12/2001 should expect approvals now.

TSC caught up with the backlogs over the past few months and now they will process at their normal rate from now on.

So how to calculate your approx approval date ?
Ans: Add 900 days to your RD/ND date and that is your AD .

How to calculate your FP date ?
Ans: You will receive your FP 6 months before your approx AD.

So all May/June 2002 RD/NDs should start receiving their FPs in the next month or 2.

This is just my reasoning based on the analysis i have done.

Hang on tight guys.., Our day will come.

RD/ND May 2002
FP : Hopefully June/July 2004.

There is no logic ever in TSC. TSC never followed its 'official' dates. There are several people who filed in 05/01 to 11/01 still waiting for approval.

Example:
My RD is 09/17/2002. Total I485 applications for the day 345. About 50 have already been approved. Another 80 to 100 have been either transferred to local office or FP'd and waiting for approval.
Iam one of the 150 - 200 unlucky still waiting for FP.

Then there are people who got approved without even doing FP.
Some get called from TSC telling them to send fax their W2, (Express RFE ?)
Some reply for RFE and wait for months and get one more RFE...

The processing dates are a joke... I have lost belief in it a long time ago...

I still have hope to get 'the card' sometime in the next 12 to 18 months.

Good Luck to all. Unfortunately that's all matters.

My take is this: As shown by the data from the I485 tracker people with the excel sheet (and now with a java program), since around march TSC finally started working on the I485's again, at a pretty good and increasing pace (march was good, april beat march, may beat april). However, until only a few weeks ago, they only processed 2001 cases and didn't even touch 2002 cases yet. The published date is the date of the oldest case currently being processed. That means if only one case had an RFE issued that is not yet answered and processed, the date can not move. Since TSC had been processing 2001 pretty much in parallel, we saw the recent sudden jump in the processing date, and after that jump, they started to process 2002 cases, at least some of which most likely had RFE's, hence the date won't move much for a month or two. But AFAICS from the current I485 tracker results, TSC is still approving cases at the same rate as they did the last three months.

The cases before 30 days before the current processing date that have not been approved yet are usually lost cases, cases with an RFE waiting for return or processing, cases that are transfered to a local office without updating the on-line database, denied cases in MTR, etc.

ihack1: the approvals you have found for your date are probably family-based I485s, they have always been processed faster than employment-based I485s. Is yours family-based?

I think the reason TSC is slow again is due to the fact that around Feb. and May 2002 there was a flood of I-140 aprovals. They wanted to clear I-140 cases and start premium processing for I-140. There was a huge number of people who applied for I-485 around that time. They instead ended up combining I-140/I-485. 485 cases approved quickly are mostly family based. Since these cases require interview, they are processed by District Office, which proccess cases faster than Service Center.

I could be wrong, but that is what I think.

-HUR
EB3-RIR
ND/RD 4/2002
FP 4/2003
AD ???

Last edited by a moderator:
alsowaiting said:
My take is this: As shown by the data from the I485 tracker people with the excel sheet (and now with a java program), since around march TSC finally started working on the I485's again, at a pretty good and increasing pace (march was good, april beat march, may beat april). However, until only a few weeks ago, they only processed 2001 cases and didn't even touch 2002 cases yet. The published date is the date of the oldest case currently being processed. That means if only one case had an RFE issued that is not yet answered and processed, the date can not move. Since TSC had been processing 2001 pretty much in parallel, we saw the recent sudden jump in the processing date, and after that jump, they started to process 2002 cases, at least some of which most likely had RFE's, hence the date won't move much for a month or two. But AFAICS from the current I485 tracker results, TSC is still approving cases at the same rate as they did the last three months.

The cases before 30 days before the current processing date that have not been approved yet are usually lost cases, cases with an RFE waiting for return or processing, cases that are transfered to a local office without updating the on-line database, denied cases in MTR, etc.

ihack1: the approvals you have found for your date are probably family-based I485s, they have always been processed faster than employment-based I485s. Is yours family-based?

I think "Alsowaiting" is probably correct based on my knowlege of the processing speed. Where do you find the recent May approved I485s though?????????????

Hmm, I thought I read a posting/message somewhere that said that may had surpassed april, but searching back I can only find somebody's guess that it will do so. It looks like they don't have a final number for May yet... my mistake.

When the uscis website changed the scan limit from 1000 per day to 250 per 3-5 hours, it made the scanning a lot harder, and as the excel spreadsheet kept growing beyond this forum's storage and download (bandwidth) capacity, and since excel compatabilities became a daily plague, the guys doing the i485-tsc tracker basically freaked-out and left this forum to create a moderated yahoo group, where they have been trying a 'you can see this data if you scan too' approach in an attempt to beat the 250-limit by gathering more actively scanning people.

Of course, that still doesn't fix the spreadsheet size and compatability problems. So right now, the I485-tracking is a bit of a mess.

But recently, first a msacces-based approach and this week (imho a much better) java-based approach is getting initial testing. It seems that with the java program, one can do quite a lot of scanning overnight (on a cable/dsl connection). When they can find a nice way to consolidate this data into a presentable format similar to the summary/statistics and graphs of the old excel sheet, my guess is the i485-tracking will be back on track.

Hi ihAck1,
Is this Express RFE Really true. I have not seen before.
Are you sure any ppl got this type of RFE.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks
sank

TSC is also processing the new concurrent files at the same time of working on backlogged files, which means that 04 filers are getting processed as well. Here it is from the udpates:

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/tsc060704.html

New adjudication procedures

The center plans to tackle the new adjudication procedures by making sure name checks and fingerprints are done as quickly and accurately as possible. The center will work on the pending I-485s and newly filed concurrent I-485s at the same time. The aim of the center is to get the I-485s within 6 months processing time.

It's a bad news for those who have already waited for more than two years but still have to wait.....!!

Huhu03
I-485 ND: 05/01/2002
FP: 04/16/2003
AD: waiting waiting!!??

sank said:
Hi ihAck1,
Is this Express RFE Really true. I have not seen before.
Are you sure any ppl got this type of RFE.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks
sank

Yes, I saw one posted in this forum a month or so ago. The officer called the applicant in his cell, gave the TSC fax# to fax his W-2 records and approved the next day. I don't remember his name - goastros/tombaan/BaSh might remember....

In the last few days we have seen a few 2001 cases being adjudicated. In all probability TSC is trying to clean up the 2001 cases which were overlooked while they were busy moving the processing dates like crazy. Now that they have achieved some sort of respectability and parity with other service centers (at least on paper) in terms of dates, they are concentrating on these left out cases. I am sure they are getting a lot of heat in the form of case referrals, enquiries from Congressmen/Senators and they are finding it hard to explain why these cases are still in the air although the current dates are well past the dates for these cases. I see no other explanation for the movement in processing dates coming to a screeching halt. I had been expecting this to happen all along. IMHO we will see the same pattern for a few more weeks before TSC has cleaned up all the cases and then the movement in processing dates will pick up steam again.

I-485 RD/ND - 05/2002
FP - None