I just got my I-140 cleared on 01/04. Help please!!!

Sangitha

Registered Users (C)
I just got my I-140 cleared on 01/04. How much time does it take now for CP interview in Chennai???
I\'m not sure about the process now? Can anyone help?
I know that I got to wait for NVC to get the Package-3.

How safe is CP now? Chances of rejection?

Is getting PCC in Chennai tough? How long does it take? Do we need to be in person there to get PCC?

Can someone explain me briefly about the whole CP and timelines...

Thanks in advance for your help.

No Title

You need to wait for your packet 3 from NVC if you opted for CP
in I-140 phase. You will get it in 4 to 6 weeks from NVC. You can
take print outs from web and make P3 ready while you are waiting
from NVC. NVC sends you a P3 and also they send it to Consulte in
India. You have to send the filled P3 to consulate in India. Once
they consulate receives from you as well as NVC, they will schedule
your interview.

CP is cool, no questions if docs are in order. After I-140, it may
take anywhere between 3 - 5 months for CP interview.

Sangitha, Check www.immihelp.com .. you will find all detail about CP

Start working on getting PCC - police certificate from indian embasy in US .. whichever is in your juradisaction area.. It will take 45 + days to get it .. act now ...

Please advise

Thanks everyone for their quick reply.
My lawyer has sent me a questionaire to fill for P3. He says it will take 1-2 months to get P3 from NVC. Is it true?

Once my Lawyer gets the P3 from NVC, he will fill it and send it to NVC in a week or so. I guess I don\'t have to send any original for P3.
Do I need to send photocopies along with filled in P3?
Please advise.

Also, Is PCC provided in Chennai too. If so, do I need to get one from Passport office and one from Police commissioner\'s office.
Is getting PCC from SFO easy?
How long does it take if you apply in person?
Please advise.

Thanks for your help.... Sangitha

No Title

We (myself and my wife ) are doing the same applying for pcc here. are u going for regular cp ? Are u in the bay area ?

From personal exp, it should be faster than 2 months...

but take a look at CPTracker to get a better idea.

Not sure what photcopies you as asking about. You don;t have to send any documentation in P3 for yourself. If married, you may need to send a copy of your marriage certificate (depending on the consulate). Rest you need to take only at the time of interview. Not sure of the regulations have changed now because NVC is handling it though.

You need PCC only from the consulate in US (SFO) if you are living in US. Nothing needed from India. If your passport was issued from SFO, they will give it the same day if you go there in person (take your passport with you). If not (issued from India) it takes then 30 to 45 dats (usually 30).

Have question about PCC???

Thanks for ur reply

Since I live in LA, is it safe to applyfor PCC in SFO via mail or do I need to apply in person to expedite as well as for safety reasons.

How many days does it take?

How do I expedite things at SFO consulate?

Please let me know.

It is much fatser if you do it in person and evidently safer as well.

By mail, it will take you about 4 to 5 days and you will have to depend on a courier service. In person, just a day, if your passport was issued from SFO consulate.

If your passport was not issued from SFO, then you may be better off sending it by mail. Send only a copy of the pasport initially (along with form, etc). They will initmate you when they get confirmation from RPO in India. You can speed this up by getting someone to approach the RPO where the request has been sent to send the reply at the earliest. I\'ve heard of one case where the person was able to get it done in 10 days. To get the actual PCC though, you will have to produce the priginal passport