I just got married.

zsyzslo

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I just got married to a US ctizen and now I need some guidance in what to do to start my residence process. I came to the US with a tourist visa and overstayed for more than 2 years and a cople of days ago I got married. He is currently not working he is studying and did not filled for taxes on the last 3 years, because he was not making enough, same thing happened to me. Now I need some help to start my proccess to become a permanent redidence. Please help me as much as you can. Thanks.

zsyzslo said:
Hello, I just got married to a US ctizen and now I need some guidance in what to do to start my residence process. I came to the US with a tourist visa and overstayed for more than 2 years and a cople of days ago I got married. He is currently not working he is studying and did not filled for taxes on the last 3 years, because he was not making enough, same thing happened to me. Now I need some help to start my proccess to become a permanent redidence. Please help me as much as you can. Thanks.

Look here...
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/family.htm

You need to get a joint sponsor in your case or show assets. As far as your overstay, advice is not to apply for advance parole or leave US till you get your GC as you will trigger the 10 year ban.

ari is right. Do not leave the States until you get a GC. Do keep proof of your coming here legally. You will have to show/turn in your I-94 at the interview.