I just got back from Denver INS Office with...

astro

Registered Users (C)
:)

Hi all,

I just got back from Denver INS Office with my and my son's passport stamps. Followings are the details;

1. I arrived at Albrook Center INS Office in 4730 Paris St., Denver, Colorado at 10:00 a.m. with my son. The front parking lots were full, so I parked my car along the street side.

2. We waited in line outside about 30 minutes.

3. After 30 minutes, we could enter the INS Office inside.

4. After 5 minutes in line inside the office, finally we met an Immigraion Information Officer (IIO). I submit her our Original Approval Notices.

5. The officer asked me to submit our passports with I-94s attached, photographs (two for each), Advance Parole, and EAD Card (Work Permit).

6. We signed and made index finger printings on papers for physical Green Card processing. According to the officer, the physical Green Card processing would take up to 1 year.

7. The officer separated the I-94s from our passports and took those I-94s.

8. The officer stamped short red color paragraphs on our passports, and wrote down our Alien Numbers and validation dates in space of the red color stampings on our passports.

9. The officer gave us our passports. Then I asked, "Is it all?"

10. The officer said, "Yes, all done!"

11. I asked her about my wife's Approval Notice. My wife is still waiting for her Approval Notice. My wife is a derivative case of mine. The officer gave me waiting ticket. The ticket showed that we should wait 5 hours and 48 minutes. Then we gave up waiting and left the INS Office right away. I will make a phone call to NSC IIO later to ask my wife's delayed approval.

12. The time when we left INS was 10:40 a.m. It took only 40 minutes to finish passport stamping process including waiting time. Pretty short and simple process, huh?

FYI, my details are;

* EB-3
* Receipt Number: LIN-01-235-xxxxx
* RD: The RDs on following forms are different;
.......on the I-485 Receipt: 06/27/2001
.......on the Approval Notice: 08/06/2001
* PD: 06/27/2000
* ND: 08/07/2001 (on the I-485 Receipt)
* FD: 12/11/2001
* AD: 07/11/2002 (on the Approval Notice)
* No RFE
* I and my son received Approval Notices, but my wife didn't yet.

Good luck to all I-485 applicants!!! Thanks.

Astro

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats.

Did the appointment letter ask you to get epmloyment letter and pay stubs etc.

Did the IIO ask for those papers ?
Is it same as interveiw ?

Congrats again, good luck for ur wifes approval.

Thanks for the info.

Passport stamping is not an interview!

patelp91,

First of all, there was no appointment letter. There was only an Approval Notice which showed the office hour and the location of the INS Office I should go. You don't have to make an appointment to get the passport stamp. Just get the passport stamp before expiring of your EAD or H-1B.

The Approval Notice also said I should bring I-94, two ADIT style photos, passport, and the original Approval Notice itself. There was no mention about the submission of Advance Parole and EAD Card.

However, you should bring "Advance Parole" and "EAD Card" too, if you have. They WILL ASK you to submit both. When I received the Approval Notice, I didn't know about the submission of these stuffs, but because of other people's experiences in this great web site I learned I should bring Advance Parole and EAD Card to submit to INS Officer. I thank you, builder of this web site, from the bottom of my heart for your great efforts!!!

You don't need to bring the employment letter and your pay stubs. They WILL NOT ask you to submit both. Passport stamping is not an interview. Instead, it's a very simple and short process. It took only 5 minutes in my case.

Good luck to your GC process.

Astro

Last edited by a moderator: