I hope this is useful...

ll

Registered Users (C)
Minutes of the CSC Liaison Meeting held on September 10, 2001

Receipt Notices: INS hopes to become current with the issuance of receipts by October 14, 2001.

Request for Evidence: During the next 30 days, INS will be focusing on adjudicating cases which been pending due to the issuance of a Request For Evidence and a response has been received by the INS. Thus, the processing of new applications/petitions (especially I-140s) may be delayed until these Requests for Evidence have been adjudicated.

Annual Audit: Again this year, the INS will be conducting its year end audit, during which time files will not be moved. This audit is scheduled to begin September 14, 2001 and end October 5, 2001. During this time, no files will move within the Service Center. However, adjudicators should have cases at their desks to process, but no approval notices are likely to be sent out nor will the computer be updated. The exception to this will be the continued processing of cases filed under Premium Processing.

Just-In-Time Report: Inquiries can only be made based on the NOTICE date not the receipt date.

Adjustment Applications: The INS confirmed that the delay with inputting cases into the system and thus the issuance of receipts - will delay the ability to inquiry on fingerprint notices. An inquiry can only be made once 120 days have elapsed from the Notice date indicated on the receipt not the receipt date.

CSC had a goal to complete 28,000 adjustment applications during the fiscal year October 1, 2000 to September 30, 2001; in fact, they have to date completed 33,000 cases. Following the audit to be conducted at the end of September, it is hoped to confirm how many adjustment applications remain pending - there is a "guess estimate" that there may be 29,000 pending cases.

CSC has also confirmed a new policy that they will keep family adjustment packets together; thus should one family member\'s case be delayed, for example due to a fingerprint issue, the whole family will remain together and the cases will only be adjudicated as a unit and not individually.

If an EAD card is returned to the Service Center because the applicant has moved, the card will be kept at the Center for 6 months. However, it was left unclear as to how long, if at all, an Advance Parole Document would be kept. It appears that it will likely be destroyed soon after it is returned to the Service Center and thus to obtain another, a new Application will need to be filed.

No Title

Ablosutely good info and ryhm\'s with what\'s happening with I-485 processing and approvals. Dude what\'s the source of this info ??. Where did u get this from ??. Is it posted on some website ?> PLease respond. Thanks !

something is wrong!

This message says that CSC completed 33000 cases during FY and estimates that there may be 29000 pending cases.

on the other hand at http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/aboutins/statistics/msrsep00/BENEFIT.HTM INS says that they had 562,460 I-485 receipts in the FY 2000 and 1,001,082 pending I-485 at the end of FY 2000

One of these two is wrong. Since this is for the second time when somebody posts info about the CSC Liaison Meeting without providing the source of the info I guess we must just assume that the INS website is correct.

As long as the persons posting here don\'t provide the source, I\'ll just ignore their posts as misleading. Still, I have no idea why are they doing this :(((

At Least One statement is not true from personal experience

CSC has also confirmed a new policy that they will keep family adjustment packets together; thus should one family member\'s case be delayed, for example due to a fingerprint issue, the whole family will remain together and the cases will only be adjudicated as a unit and not individually.

>>>> In my case, they did get separated even though our entire family filed at the same time and everything was okay.

Sriram

Thanks for the link steve6!

Thanks for the link, now it makes sense. Ok I took into account that there are 4 service centers, but 4 times 29000 is still just 10% of 1.000.000, so 90% of the application must be pending at local INS offices. This percentage is definitely different from what we see if we look at the cases on this board. It probably means that the bulk of the cases (non-employment-based, not present on this board) are mostly in local INS offices.