• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I have received my 2NL today. What should I prepare?

Combgun

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I have received my 2NL today, and my interview is in early April. Below is my status.
I'm married, and I have three children. Me and my wife got married in the US and two of our older children were born in the US, so they were not included in the lottery in the first place. We both have a bachelor degree from US college and we have no prior immigration violations. We have been back from US for 7 years now, in the past I have applied for student visa to go to masters, but it was denied (interviewer basically said that we need to build ties with our country).

Last year we had our son and that year we applied for the 2014 DV lottery, and thank God we won.

Here are the list of things that I am going to prepare for my Interview: Please tell me if I am missing anything.

1. Birth certificates for myself, wife and my son + Translations
2. Marriage certificate (we got married in the US, so we have US certificate)
3. Passport picture of me, wife, son
4. Vaccination report for me, wife, son
5. High school diploma + translation + Graduation picture of the class
6. Bachelor degree diploma from US college
7. Statement from my current Employer (I'm a SAP enterprise resource planning Trainer)
8. Previous passports
9. Local police certificate
10. Bank savings book

Ok, above listed are what I am planning to prepare for the interview.

Here are some questions that I am not sure about:

- Should I take x ray picture of myself and my wife and son when we go to the medical check up
- Should we take our son to the interview? he would be 18 months old in April
- Should we take the US passports of our older children to the interview for proof? or SSN
- Do we pay the fee of 330$ before the interview or at the interview?
- We own an apartment in the city, should we take certificate for proof?

Thank you all for your input, and wish you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

I have received my 2NL today, and my interview is in early April. Below is my status.
I'm married, and I have three children. Me and my wife got married in the US and two of our older children were born in the US, so they were not included in the lottery in the first place. We both have a bachelor degree from US college and we have no prior immigration violations. We have been back from US for 7 years now, in the past I have applied for student visa to go to masters, but it was denied (interviewer basically said that we need to build ties with our country).

Last year we had our son and that year we applied for the 2014 DV lottery, and thank God we won.

Here are the list of things that I am going to prepare for my Interview: Please tell me if I am missing anything.

1. Birth certificates for myself, wife and my son + Translations
2. Marriage certificate (we got married in the US, so we have US certificate)
3. Passport picture of me, wife, son
4. Vaccination report for me, wife, son
5. High school diploma + translation + Graduation picture of the class
6. Bachelor degree diploma from US college
7. Statement from my current Employer (I'm a SAP enterprise resource planning Trainer)
8. Previous passports
9. Local police certificate
10. Bank savings book

Ok, above listed are what I am planning to prepare for the interview.

Here are some questions that I am not sure about:

- Should I take x ray picture of myself and my wife and son when we go to the medical check up
- Should we take our son to the interview? he would be 18 months old in April
- Should we take the US passports of our older children to the interview for proof? or SSN
- Do we pay the fee of 330$ before the interview or at the interview?
- We own an apartment in the city, should we take certificate for proof?

Thank you all for your input, and wish you all the best.

It sounds like you are very well prepared (as I would expect from an SAP trainer! - although I do PeopleSoft myself..)

In addition to the list you mention I would take the birth certs/docs for your US citizen kids. You don't need them per se, but it would answer their question if they want to see proof they are already citizens (as it explains why you leave them out of the process).

You MUST take your 18 month old son to the interview.
The doctor performing your examination should prepare a pack for you - so they will include whatever they decide to include.
Ahh - I see you had thought about the older kids - so yes take birth certs and SSN plus passports etc.
Fee is supposed to be paid on the interview day - just before the actual interview.
Take proof of the apartment - it helps build the financial case.

Thank you Britsimon for your advice, I will add those to my prep list and make sure take my son with us to the interview. Thank you.