I have GC, my wife's 485 is pending - Is there any issue if I change employer

mail2_rao

Dear All

Myself and my daughter got green card in Oct 2008, but my wife's 485 is still pending. Now I am planing to change my employer.

Do I have any issue on my wife's 485? Do I have any issue if I apply EAD/Advance Parole for her after changing employer?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Thanks
Rao.

I have the same question too. I got my GC approved about 2 years ago under EB3 category (India) and my wife (spouse derivative)'s I485 was still pending due to name check delays. She is still waiting due to retrogression. She has been using EAD/AP since then. Recently she went to a local community college to pursue a program and she was trying to get qualified for a in-state tuition fee. The official there asked her visa status in a detailed manner and specifically asked if I am still with the (same) sponsoring employer even though I got my GC approved.

I had used AC21 provisions and changed employer before my GC got approved. Since then I am with the same employer. However I plan to change employers in a few weeks.

I am at a loss why the school official asked if I am still with the same employer and how that affects my wife's status or her pending I485 application. Can anyone please throw some light on the matter?

Thanks!