I have an interview tomorrow please help

mclarenfan316

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My wife and I have an interview for her Gc tomorrow. Can you please let me know what to expect? I remember I was asked questions like who is the senator etc.. I am taking the following documents

1- Our birth certificates
2- Our marriage license
3- Joint bank account document
4- Current and old lease
5- Wedding invitation cards
6- pictures
7- All the documents I submitted ( 864 etc etc)

Please help

The question you got asked was for your citizenship. The interview is to prove your marriage is real.
They will start going over the evidences you have during the interview, then start asking questions about your marriage (how you met, your relatives, your daily habit, the house, your future plans, etc.).

There is nothing to worry about. It's like the day you met her dad the first time. Good luck.

The question you got asked was for your citizenship. The interview is to prove your marriage is real.
They will start going over the evidences you have during the interview, then start asking questions about your marriage (how you met, your relatives, your daily habit, the house, your future plans, etc.).

There is nothing to worry about. It's like the day you met her dad the first time. Good luck.

LOL! it was like the day I met her dad for the first time.. That made me crack up..

So, no need to study the 100 questions? are you sure about this? cause I thought everyone gets asked these questions, but we didn't get any booklet etc, nor did the interview letter mention this, but I had to learn these answers and my friend who had an interview last month also mentioned that she should learn them.

So, no need to study the 100 questions? are you sure about this? cause I thought everyone gets asked these questions, but we didn't get any booklet etc, nor did the interview letter mention this, but I had to learn these answers and my friend who had an interview last month also mentioned that she should learn them.

You are mixing up two DIFFERENT things! Interview when applying for Green Card (especially through marriage) is completely different from an interview when applying for Citizenship.
You and your wife will have to prove that your marriage is REAL and in good faith and not just for GC. You might be interviewed together or in separate rooms. They could ask questions about how and when you two met, what are favorite things of your spouse (like color, meal, movie, book, etc.) and some details of your family life. Just be honest and it will go just fine!

Then, after she gets her GC, she will be able to apply for Citizenship 90 days before 3rd year anniversary of receiving her GC. And that is when she will have to learn the mentioned 100 civic questions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are mixing up two DIFFERENT things! Interview when applying for Green Card (especially through marriage) is completely different from an interview when applying for Citizenship.
You and your wife will have to prove that your marriage is REAL and in good faith and not just for GC. You might be interviewed together or in separate rooms. They could ask questions about how and when you two met, what are favorite things of your spouse (like color, meal, movie, book, etc.) and some details of your family life. Just be honest and it will go just fine!

Then, after she gets her GC, she will be able to apply for Citizenship 90 days before 3rd year anniversary of receiving her GC. And that is when she will have to learn the mentioned 100 civic questions :)

ooooo I remember now. I studied for the citizenship, not the GC. Thanks for pointing that out. I really appreciate it.. I had her studying the 100 questions.. I guess she can stop now :)