I have a valid H-1 till oct 2003 do i still need to apply for AP?

No Title

AP primarily allows you to travel outside US when I485 is pending and has little significance with H1 validity unless an EAD is in place. However, since you are on H1, you probably don\'t need AP because H1B can travel without AP.

No Title

I had gone to India while my I485 was pending and when my H1 was valid. If you need to get back to US using your H1 you need 2 things.
1. Don\'t use EAD. The moment you use EAD, you have to come back using AP.
2. You should have your I485 receipt with you. INS will ask you for that receipt when returning.

No Title

Ganya:

I have received my AP and EAD one week back., and my wife too. She came on H4 and changed her status to H1 and working. and my H1 is still valid. Planning to fly now, what necessary documents to carry me and my wife, and how we change our status from H1 to EAD meaning any forms to fillup or to inform anybody, let me know. thanks

No Title

From what I have heard from others they do not ask for the I485 receipt. In fact not a single person has told me , based on actual experience,that the I485 receipt was asked for. Could you please reconfirm your statement?

I do not have a receipt as it was lost in the mail and INS does not issue copies of the I485 receipt. I will be going to India in a couple of months.

No Title

I was asking about what is actually practised at port of entries. According to the immigration laws we are supposed to carry our passports wherever we go (within the US),but how many times have you been asked to produce your passport ? I have never been asked in my four years in this country neither do I know of anyone who has.