I have a sponsor for Labor Certification and need some advice

rentalguy

Registered Users (C)
I have a bonafide sponsor who is happy to support me through Labor certification. I just got my EAD through and so will start work very shortly. I have been in contact with an immigration attorney who has a very good track record, but he is quoting $5500 for the Labor certification and estimating that it will take 9-12 months if it is a 'clean' application and does not get lost. Up until now, I have done my own E2 visa, renewal and EAD and so I am comfortable with the form filling aspects, but I am not sure if I could accomplish the job advert wording which I know is critical. I am keen (as you would expect) to expidite the process as quickly as possible, while getting it done correctly. My questions:

1) Does 9-12 months sound average for LC?
2) Is $5500 plus filling costs a fair fee for the work?
3) Does anyone know of a business that could assist (for a fee) with the job advert wording?

Thanks for reading.

rentalguy said:
I have a bonafide sponsor who is happy to support me through Labor certification. I just got my EAD through and so will start work very shortly. I have been in contact with an immigration attorney who has a very good track record, but he is quoting $5500 for the Labor certification and estimating that it will take 9-12 months if it is a 'clean' application and does not get lost. Up until now, I have done my own E2 visa, renewal and EAD and so I am comfortable with the form filling aspects, but I am not sure if I could accomplish the job advert wording which I know is critical. I am keen (as you would expect) to expidite the process as quickly as possible, while getting it done correctly. My questions:

3) Does anyone know of a business that could assist (for a fee) with the job advert wording?

Thanks for reading.

$5500 seems very expensive for LC process. Reputed attoneys like Sheela Murthy or Rajiv Khanna charge around $4000 to $4200 for Labor Certification alone.

PERM takes a minimum of 61 days to prepare and file from the day you get PWD (prevailing wage determination). If your lawyer is very busy or has too many cases to work on, it may take much longer (up to 4 to 6 months to file it from the time you hire the attorney).

It takes on an average of 45 to 60 days for approval after PERM is filed. Some cases which get audited by the DOL, take 9 to 10 months after sending response to the audit query.

Usually immigration attorneys help employers to craft the job requirements and advertisements carefully to avoid PERM denial.

Good luck!!

There is a someone who does greed card including PERM process for $3300. Her name is Jessica Wang located in Los Angeles. Four of my friends have done through her and got labor certificate without any problem. If you want her contact email is jessica@attorneywang.com.

rentalguy said:

Thanks for reading.
Hi,

(1) $3,000.00 – at commencement of the case;
(2) $1,500.00 - upon approval of the labor certificate (PERM);
(3) $1,500.00 - upon filing of the immigrant petition and application for adjustment of status.

PO W. YUEN
VERONICA CHAN YUEN

132 NASSAU STREET
SUITE 1300
NEW YORK, NY 10038

Tel: 212-608-1178
Fax: 212-608-2913