I Have A Question ?????

FRANKIE_D

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have any advice for me?

My EAD will expire in the end of July, my H1B will expire at begining of April (the 3 year expiration not the 6 year). Is it advisable to renew both my H1B & EAD or simply renew my EAD?

My company said that it\'s company policy not to renew a H1B if an employee has an EAD. BUT they will renew it if I pay for the processing.

My company lawyer said that an EAD is better that having a H1B but I have my doubts on her sincerity. I kind of liked my H1B because no advanced parole is needed to visit my family in Canada.

My details are PD Current, RD & ND in Jan, FP done in October.

No Title

In my case I filed for the renewal of my EAD 5 months before it expired. My company does not allow us to
renew our H1B so we had no choice but to use the EAD. Iknew that we were going to be approved soon
based on the postings on this borad so I did not apply for a 2nd Advance Parole. The timing was right
because after only 2 months of using the 2nd EAD, we got approved. I hope this helps.

No Title

Hi

You cannot use H1B and EAD both at a time.
If you are using EAD that means Your H1B is not valid.
So if you have already used your EAD then you have to just renew the same.

If you have not used EAD then you can renew H1B and EAD.

Kiran

No Title

NEAR TOGC

What do you mean by "used the EAD". How do you define "used"? Presently, I have both my H1B & EAD, so I guess I am using both!

What I need to know is which is better to have, an EAD or another three years with a H1B?

Thanks

No Title

if you applied for your ead I presume your H1 is invalid. You can use it to come in and fo out of country but your status is based on your EAD and not your H1 anymore.

No Title

You use EAD only when your employer update his I9 form with EAD as the source of permission to work. If you haven\'t done anything like that you are still on H1B. Just geting EAD won\'t invalid your H1. I also faced the same issue and I renewed H1 by paying myself. So you can renew H1 and EAD and still be on H1 status.