I have a J1 Visa and my passport says that the two year rule does not apply

edwardortega007

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I have been living in the US for the past yaer and a half. We came to the country with J1 and J2 visas respectively. We both work for the county where we live as teachers in the public schools. Since I am the J1 holder I got the status through and international agency who recruits teacher all over the country as cultural help in the United States but my wife got the job as a teacher without that International agency. She applied by herself and got the position. My question is: What can we do to stay longer in the country since our visas exoire in 2007?. Our passports clearly state that we are not subject to the two year rule.
Any guide will be greatfully appreciated since I don't know waht to do and I would really like to stay legally in the country...
Thanks

Your visa says that you are not subject to 212e, good.

You ask the school or any agency to sponsor you for H1B or you can apply for a green card if you can find an employer who can sponsor you

Can my actual employer become my sponsor for my H1B visa or even my possible green card process? If so what do I need from them?

Thnaks for your help

you look for the expiration date on your DS-2019 to see how long you can be in the US legally, because the date on your visa is irrelevant.

Then you see on DS-2019 whether you are a subject to HRR.

Yes, if your company wants to, they can try to get your H1 visa or even a GC.

In my DS-2019 says that I am good through 06/30/07, but I can't find anything that says that the HRR applies or not. In other words there is not mention of such rule whatsoever

Thanks for your help. I was also looking on the DS-2019 and the space it is blank. It is not checked in any of the spaces that talk about the two year home rule. Is that a mistake or that info is not accurate with mi visa.
One more thing how long does it take to process the H1B or the GC. And how much do you think it costs? Ah! does the sponsor have to pay for thator do I have to?

Thanks

then, to the best of your knowledge you are not a subject to HRR.

as for the costs and timelines of H1 and employment based GC - try the H1B forum.

need to find J1 sponsors for teachers..

edwardortega007,

I am about to complete State approved teacher education program and I am looking for J1 sponsorship so that I can start working as a teacher the following school yr.

Could you provide info how to get in touch with your international teacher recruiting agency?

Many thanks for your help..