• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I hate this lottery

TonyBlack

Registered Users (C)
It gives false hope.Needless to say more.

I applied for DV-2009 which I doubt I'll even win.

But what else am I left to do? :-( , I have good health , good education, my bank account isn't that bad , I have made an honest living hence am not a criminal liability, this was so perfect for me.

I wish there was a way to like have my digits magically change in their computers.

That is one computer error that I'd not fuss about.

I hope if they decide to pop up my name again in their systems next year , that I get a low number.

Right now am making a shrine of sorts , to channel all the 2009-DV energy to my lotter entry so that I win.

Yep, I am insanely desperate to get to the US and build a life there for myself and my family(coming soon), whatever it takes.

All i know now is that ,if that evil white envelop shows up next year , I'll have my girlfriend open it and read it for me .I wont even touch it if it doesn't have good news.

Otherwise I'll just burn it at the post office and get on with my life, no regrets.

I am sincerely disappointed , I had counted my chickens too early.

They were snake eggs!!!!!!

It gives false hope.Needless to say more.

I applied for DV-2009 which I doubt I'll even win.

But what else am I left to do? :-( , I have good health , good education, my bank account isn't that bad , I have made an honest living hence am not a criminal liability, this was so perfect for me.

I wish there was a way to like have my digits magically change in their computers.

That is one computer error that I'd not fuss about.

I hope if they decide to pop up my name again in their systems next year , that I get a low number.

Right now am making a shrine of sorts , to channel all the 2009-DV energy to my lotter entry so that I win.

Yep, I am insanely desperate to get to the US and build a life there for myself and my family(coming soon), whatever it takes.

All i know now is that ,if that evil white envelop shows up next year , I'll have my girlfriend open it and read it for me .I wont even touch it if it doesn't have good news.

Otherwise I'll just burn it at the post office and get on with my life, no regrets.

I am sincerely disappointed , I had counted my chickens too early.

They were snake eggs!!!!!!

And you are still complaining, there are millions that would die to have a life like urs..

Well my friend, nothing to burn for you if you wont win. ;)

I don't mean to upset you and I know it must be difficult but pull yourself together. many people play the lottery for years and they'll never win. plus even if you don't get to move to U.S then i think there is something better planned for you. we never know what tomorrow brings.

Yes - it is a frustrating process but I think you need to see that it is a privilege not a right.

For example, you are at least fortunate enough to live in an area that is able to enter the lottery.

And... at least you got PICKED. There are millions of people who didn't get picked at all for DV2008 - and YOU DID. Consider yourself *very* lucky. You are still in there with a chance. You never know what will happen tomorrow in this world.

You are so lucky in so many different ways - maybe you should focus on that and just take a break from all the DV stuff for a while otherwise you'll end up making yourself sick with worry.

Hey TonyBlack, If you want to come to the US so bad, try to come and study. It will be expensive and hard to be an international student but at least you will be in the states. Of course it would be nice to have a green card but if you are not lucky to receive one try to go around and find another way to come to the US.

Tony - You will get it - dont worry. I tried for 7 years before i won DV07 and guess what i also won DV08. By the time i got NL for DV08 i had already been thru interview and got my DV07 visa. But i kept DV08 docs with me incase soemthing happened during POE

So after i entered US few months ago - i went and actually threw the DV 08 NL and all the DSP forms that came with it!....Felt weird after waiting for years and then getting 2 NL's and then destroying one!

GoodLuck Buddy

Some people will play their entire lives and they will never win. Yes there's that possibility. Some will play once and win. There's
that possibility too. It is a Lottery. Just like one in which some people are playing every week trying to guess 6 numbers, and they never guess the right numbers.

Try other options. Find an employer in the USA, come to the country on H1-B visa and then apply for a GC.