I had a dream...5 years ago...AVM says approved...

domlur

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

It\'s our turn to say case has been approved. Both mine and wife\'s case were approved on 12/19/01, the dream which began 5 years ago, was fulfilled yesterday on hearing the AVM. Details:

RD: 7/2000
ND: 8/2000
FP: 2/2001
RFE: 11/20/2001 (for both, birth cert.)
RFE sent 12/5/2001 (provided affadavits from parents/relatives)
AD: 12/19/2001 (AVM)

Waiting for approval notice and to do PP stamping...will post details later.

Good luck to all and God bless everyone.

Congrats Domlur

Merry X\'mas.... it looks like NSC is clearing up the RFE\'er...

Enjoy your freedom!!! The notice will come in about a week or so.

Got the approval notice, wife\'s approval notice not yet come.

Got my approval notice in the mail on Monday 12/24. Hoping get wife\'s notice this week.

Does anyone know if INS offices are open on Monday 12/31/01 for getting passport stamped?

Thanks and good luck to all.

can u please pass on the AVM number u have used to get the info

I have been using 402-3237830 from past couple of month, was unable to get thru this number

SXP1

Passport Stamped at Chicago

Finally both myself and wife got our passport stamped on 12/31/01 at Chicago INS office. We were in at 5:45 AM and around 7th in line. Had to wait in the cold (8 deg F / -7 w/wind chill) till 7 AM when the doors were opened. We were issued tokens and waited upstairs for around 45 min. After collecting the EAD\'s / AP (old and current), I94\'s, Photos, approval notices, and getting signatures/ fingerprints, the officer stamped our PP. We were out by 8:50 AM. All the folks there were courteous and helpful.

Tips:
1. Get 2 latest photos exactly as specified in Approval notice.
2. Keep all documents sorted in seperate folders for each applicant.
3. Keep SS card and Drivers Licence, and orig. Marriage cert. if applicable.
4. Get there by 5:45 AM latest. The line gets very long after 6 AM.
5. Keep check book handy, if any fees to be paid. Cash not accepted. (we did not pay any fees for stamping)

Happy new year and good luck to all!!!

Congratulations on passport stamping

Domlur, heartiest congratulations on your passport stamping. I got my I-485 approval on Dec.17, but won\'t be going for passport stamping till Jan.7. I will post my experience once it\'s done.