I Guess,my GC may be revoked in future as INS OFFICER words

Re: what about my wife i-94

Originally posted by Lookatrapidigm
Hi Jim,
IIO has taken my wife i-94 to take final decision on my i-485 case. Now my wife wants to leave the USA to attend her sister marriage in INDIA.
1)what she has to do?
2)she can not leave the USA with I-94?

Thanks

IIO is an Immigration Information Officer, the do NOTHING but answer phones and questions. Who has the I-94, did they request an ORIGINAL and if they did not request an original, why did you send an original. You do not get original documents back from INS unless THEY specifically requested them. You can request a duplicate I-94 from INS but it will take some time.

What is the validity of an I94? When you fly, you turn this into an airline attendant. How valid is that? I crossed into Canada and turned my I94 into a Canada immigation officer as instructed on the back of the I94. The Canada immigration officer asked "what is this" So, just how valid is this departure record? Personally, I think it is a joke.:rolleyes:

The I-94 controls your status in the US. If you are not in the US, you do not need an I-94. If you are in the US, you MUST have a valid I-94 or you are not is status.

Because one Canadian Immigration Officer was not familiar with an I-94, you think the whole thing is a joke? Think what you want but maintain a valid I-94 or be deported.

I agree that 1 should maintain a valid I-94 while in the USA. My lack of appreciation for this process pertains to the requirement to turn the I-94 in when you leave the country. The I-94 warns that you are risking refusal for re-entry to the USA if you don't turn your I-94 in when you leave the country, but yet you are relient on people that are not INS officals to see that the I-94 form is returned for processing. For all I know, that Canadian official threw my I-94 in the round file.:rolleyes: