I got the second RFE. Any idea what it might be about ?

Nancy Lee

Registered Users (C)
I got the first RFE on Oct/2001, which was about W2, Employment letter and paystubs and AVM was updated on Dec/3 that the RFE response was received. And today it says that it sent RFE on Jan/26/2002. Does anyone have the same experience on RFE ? I don\'t know what is causing this problem on my case. Why does INS have to send RFE twice ? I am getting so impatient !!!

Did your company change name or get acquired?

If there is a new employer name on your paystubs, that may have raised a red flag. Just my guess though. Please give more details.

not at all !!!

There was no name change and I don\'t think of any reason why INS is
questioning about my case second times.
My details are
RD - 03/2001
ND - 04/2001
FP - 08/2201
the Frist RFP - 10/2001 (W2, Paystubs, Emp letter)
AVM updated on RFP - 12/2001
AVM updated on sending the second RFP - 26/01/2002

I heard that, if your medical examinations are done more than a year back, INS does RFE. Not sure !

Check with your lawyer.

Best of luck !

In the same boat

Hi Nancy,

I responded to the first RFE. Then I checked AVM. It says that ... "They issued an RFE on Jan 24th...".

My first RFE was about W2s employment letter and paystubs as
yours. My lawyer has yet to receive the RFE yet.

If you call IIO post your experience. I am hoping its an AVM
glich again.

-Sangli

I did my physical exam in early 2000.

Hi Sangli,

It was so devastated when I heard that through AVM last night.
I couldn\'t believe my ears either. I thought I input the wrong WAC#.
Anyway, My lawyer assured me before that physical exam didn\'t expire, so I was not worried about it at all. ( I had some problem on I140 process, so I had to wait for an year even after I prepared all the documents for I485)
Now I am thinking that that might be it. When I get the info from my lawyer, I will post it.

I don\'t think that is correct. You need to apply...

for AOS within one year of doing your medical exam. They have you re-do your FP if 15 months have elapsed since your first FP.

Yes it did !!!

Yes and I asked my lawyer about that. She was so sure that it was not
a problem at all. My laywer hasn\'t got the RFE letter yet. So i guess
I have to wait until then. and I was trying to call INS. but the line
was busy for 30 minutes.

need to read this....

excerpt from the following link

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/cscmeeting.html

16. RFE\'s.

Expectations are that there should only be one RFE, one response and a decision based on the evidence of record. In some instances, a response to an RFE may raise other issues requiring clarification through the issuance of second RFE.