I got the Interview letter, my wife still waiting.

fidelfs

Registered Users (C)
I know our 2 cases are independent (me and my wife), but I am used to see the letter come in pair since our H1/H4 visas.
Is it normal only one of us received the letter? or should I worry the letter got lost in the mail?

I got mine last week, but my wife still pending. I checked the status of both applications and both say the same "application was received on 6/22/07 and we mailed you a letter explaining.....".

So, Will the status and message change, or is it just a waste of time to check the status on the USCIS.GOV website?

Texas service center.

So again my questions are:
1. Should worry my wife didn't receive the letter?
2. Will the status and message change in the USCIS.GOV website?

Thanks,
:confused:

Don't worry

fidelfs,

There is no need to panic or worry. You wife's letter should be on its way too. I know a friend in TX. His wife's interview letter came whereas my friend is still waiting on it. They had both applied together.

As far as the online status is concerned, it very often does not change at all. My interview is in less than two weeks and the online status of my application still is "Pending".
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

I know our 2 cases are independent (me and my wife), but I am used to see the letter come in pair since our H1/H4 visas.
Is it normal only one of us received the letter? or should I worry the letter got lost in the mail?

I got mine last week, but my wife still pending. I checked the status of both applications and both say the same "application was received on 6/22/07 and we mailed you a letter explaining.....".

So, Will the status and message change, or is it just a waste of time to check the status on the USCIS.GOV website?

Texas service center.

So again my questions are:
1. Should worry my wife didn't receive the letter?
2. Will the status and message change in the USCIS.GOV website?

Thanks,
:confused:

It could be in the mail, or it could be held in name check. It happened to us.
The status sometimes disappears (husband) or says "Received application..."
in process etc. " that does not change even after interview...(me)
Bottom line is be patient...Not much you can do...

Service Center : VSC
DO : Boston

Both
N400 - Notice Date 4/10/2006
Fingerprinting - May 2006

Husband
Interview - July 2006
Oath - August 2006

Me
Interview - June 2007
Oath - Sep 19 2007 (i had to move the oath date as i was out of country)