I got punk'd by USCIS... (aka GC Approved)

NYImmigrant

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

After all these years of waiting for the green card, the card arrived yesterday but it is actually "cream" in color.

Here is my timeline:
EB3 PD: Mar 2001
i-140 approved: 2002
i-485 RD/ND: June 2003
AOS interview: early 2005
Stuck in name check - response from senator, congressman etc
FOIPA - no records found - 2006
Welcome Mail, Approval Mail & Physical green card in hand - Dec 3, 2007.

Thanks guys... I have been waiting for it so long now that even after getting the card in hand I don't feel anything.

May be I was just too tired. And the fact that I had already changed jobs and was enjoying what i am doing.

Thanks assur, MDGUTS1307, xyr888

It has been long 7 years in the GC process. Finally it came to an end for me. Good luck to all the people who are waiting.

BTW, I don't know when my name check got cleared. Last year in October I wrote to 2 senators and 1 congressman. Response was that I am stuck in name check. This October I called them again asking them if they think security check should take 1+ year (It was almost 4 years for me... 2003 I-485 filing). May be that did it. I got the letter from congressman telling me my GC is approved and the actual GC in last 2-3 days... Almost all at the same time.

You are a very patient person !
I also spent a long long time waiting for GC. This experience taught me about patience, for sure !