I got my oath ceremony date, but now I wanna change my name, what do I do???

freedom5

Registered Users (C)
Yes...My oath ceremony date is april 19th,....and i am in New york city area....I waited so long for my oath ceremony date...over 2 years from the interview....

Now I decide i wanna change the spelling of my last name and use a different first name?

So how do i go about this, or can i just do it at the court on my ceremony date? or should I write my local INS office at 26 Fed. Plaza in Manhattan, saying I want to adjust my name to this(****** *****)??? :confused:

thanks

freedom5 said:
Yes...My oath ceremony date is april 19th,....and i am in New york city area....I waited so long for my oath ceremony date...over 2 years from the interview....

Now I decide i wanna change the spelling of my last name and use a different first name?

So how do i go about this, or can i just do it at the court on my ceremony date? or should I write my local INS office at 26 Fed. Plaza in Manhattan, saying I want to adjust my name to this(****** *****)??? :confused:

thanks

you will need to do it after oath. i do not think you can request a name change after your interview. shouldn't you have thought about it before the interview?

Well I read on one of these threads last week, someone posted that you can have the option of changing your name up to the date of your oath ceremony...but i can''t find the thread...and I just want to know how to go about doing that....

ocworker said:
you will need to do it after oath. i do not think you can request a name change after your interview. shouldn't you have thought about it before the interview?