I got my card! yesss! here are some useful info.

brook45

Registered Users (C)
Some of you probably remember me from asking some question regarding my interview on May 17. I thought it is fair for me to come over here and share my experience with my interview and my two cents on what you should do if you encounter a problem like I did.

On June 2002, I apply I-485 based on political asylum. On September 2005, Nebraska office sends a letter asking me to provide additional evidence (medical examination) but I didn’t get until February 2006. I had to call more than 10 times to Nebraska office, send 3 letters and when that didn’t worked I went to my local office requesting the letter. First time I got there, I had a jerk person (officer) who refused to help and told me that they will deny my case if I don’t send the information. I ask how can I send the additional evidence without knowing what they are looking for. His responded called the customer service phone. We all know those people will not do anything, and if they do they tell you to go to your local office anyway. Anyways, I went to my local office about 2 times again and finally I got a really nice officer who told me that she will ask my case to be transfer to her office and will let me know when my case get there. 6 days after I went to the office I got a call from the officer asking me to go and see her.

Finally, I was able to get the letter and send the evidence 4 month after the due date. After sending the medical examination I waited 2 weeks and when I didn’t hear anything from them, I went to my local office again. I was lucky enough to get another officer was nice and helped me get an interview date. I wasn’t supposed to be interviewed but due to my new name (marriage name) I didn’t complain about it. I figure it is better for me to be interview so I can explain myself if they have any question regarding my case. On May 17, I took a lawyer with me just incase if things if things go wrong. So here is where things turn good.

The lawyer I hired (by the way he was a lot cheaper than I expected to pay) knows almost all the officer in there. He seemed to have a good relationship with them. So I felt good. Also he is from the same country where the officer from (who interviewed me). (I am not saying that helped but you guys can make your own judgment when you hear who fast I got my card)

On May 17, I got to the immigration office 10 minutes early with my husband just incase if they have a question. (I am trying to eliminate any excuse for them to deny my case) When the officer called my name, he asked for my husband to wait outside. When we got to his office he asked why I was called for the interview and told him I have no clue why. The interview took less than 2 minutes. When it is done the officer told me that I was approved and that I should wait my lawyer outside.

After two weeks of having the interview I got my green card in the mail. The officer I had interviewed did tell them that he was going to send my case to Nebraska so I didn’t expect my card to show up for while.

My case status online has changed but who cares as long as I got my card.

My advice to you is that: don’t give up and keep trying until you get what you want. It took 3 times for me to finally get a good officer who can help me on my case but my patient paid off. And if you are having interview take a lawyer (someone that knows what goes inside there). It is probably cost you 100-300 but believe me it is worth paying for it.

Good luck everyone!
Brook

Interview at Washington D.C. office

Hi All,
I and my wife went for interview on June 6, 2006 at Washington D.C. office and carried with us all the requested documents viz. Passport, Employment letters showing present pay and weekly hours, I-94s, Birth Certificates issued by our embassy and the marriage certificate. IO took all the photocopies and in about 15-20 minutes stamped our valid National Passports for 1 year period. We were told that we will get our green cards within 6-8 weeks. IO didn't ask any question about our visit to our home country in 2003 although she looked at our entry date on Advance Parole. She congratulated us and asked us to send our 2 children next day (their scheduled date) for their approval. Next day both of our children were issued letters but without their picture on it (with their name, address and A#) stating their approval and time period of 1 year for getting their green cards in mail. In case they want to visit outside USA before getting their green cards they should seek appointment with an IO to stamp their letters as they both do not have their valid passports.
Paarey

Congratulations guys! It was a long way for you. I have a question - do you have any idea why your cases were transferred to the local offices?

Minsk,
First I thought that because of our visit to our home country but it's not as IO did not ask any question even looking at our Advance Parole stamp.
Paarey

Minsk said:
Congratulations guys! It was a long way for you. I have a question - do you have any idea why your cases were transferred to the local offices?

Thanks Minsk! In my case it is the local office that request my case to be transferred because I didn't get any help from the customer service in Nebraska

Congratulations Brook. Enjoy your New freedom. Do you like to tell us which (City) Local Office you went for Interview. And did IO Stamp on your Passport or Issue and new I-94? Thanks for your Informantion .
My Case also Transfer to Local NYC office for Interview and i am also taking a Lawyer with me.
Good Luck to everyone.

brook45 said:
Some of you probably remember me from asking some question regarding my interview on May 17. I thought it is fair for me to come over here and share my experience with my interview and my two cents on what you should do if you encounter a problem like I did.

On June 2002, I apply I-485 based on political asylum. On September 2005, Nebraska office sends a letter asking me to provide additional evidence (medical examination) but I didn’t get until February 2006. I had to call more than 10 times to Nebraska office, send 3 letters and when that didn’t worked I went to my local office requesting the letter. First time I got there, I had a jerk person (officer) who refused to help and told me that they will deny my case if I don’t send the information. I ask how can I send the additional evidence without knowing what they are looking for. His responded called the customer service phone. We all know those people will not do anything, and if they do they tell you to go to your local office anyway. Anyways, I went to my local office about 2 times again and finally I got a really nice officer who told me that she will ask my case to be transfer to her office and will let me know when my case get there. 6 days after I went to the office I got a call from the officer asking me to go and see her.

Finally, I was able to get the letter and send the evidence 4 month after the due date. After sending the medical examination I waited 2 weeks and when I didn’t hear anything from them, I went to my local office again. I was lucky enough to get another officer was nice and helped me get an interview date. I wasn’t supposed to be interviewed but due to my new name (marriage name) I didn’t complain about it. I figure it is better for me to be interview so I can explain myself if they have any question regarding my case. On May 17, I took a lawyer with me just incase if things if things go wrong. So here is where things turn good.

The lawyer I hired (by the way he was a lot cheaper than I expected to pay) knows almost all the officer in there. He seemed to have a good relationship with them. So I felt good. Also he is from the same country where the officer from (who interviewed me). (I am not saying that helped but you guys can make your own judgment when you hear who fast I got my card)

On May 17, I got to the immigration office 10 minutes early with my husband just incase if they have a question. (I am trying to eliminate any excuse for them to deny my case) When the officer called my name, he asked for my husband to wait outside. When we got to his office he asked why I was called for the interview and told him I have no clue why. The interview took less than 2 minutes. When it is done the officer told me that I was approved and that I should wait my lawyer outside.

After two weeks of having the interview I got my green card in the mail. The officer I had interviewed did tell them that he was going to send my case to Nebraska so I didn’t expect my card to show up for while.

My case status online has changed but who cares as long as I got my card.

My advice to you is that: don’t give up and keep trying until you get what you want. It took 3 times for me to finally get a good officer who can help me on my case but my patient paid off. And if you are having interview take a lawyer (someone that knows what goes inside there). It is probably cost you 100-300 but believe me it is worth paying for it.

Good luck everyone!
Brook

Last edited by a moderator:
brook45
It sound like it was not easy. My congratulations! :)
I wasn’t supposed to be interviewed but due to my new name (marriage name) I didn’t complain about it.
You've been interviewed due to name change. Is that right?
Paarey
Congratulations to your whole family! :)

Mentos said:
Congratulations Brook. Enjoy your New freedom. Do you like to tell us which (City) Local Office you went for Interview. And did IO Stamp on your Passport or Issue and new I-94? Thanks for your Informantion .
My Case also Transfer to Local NYC office for Interview and i am also taking a Lawyer with me.
Good Luck to everyone.

Mentos, the local office I went was in San Jose. I don't have passport so they didn't have to do that. They don't issue me I-94. The officer told me that I don't need the I-94 because I will get my card soon.

Good luck. I am glad you are taking a lawyer with you. some people advised me not to take a lawyer but I decided to do it anyway and I think that helped me a lot.

Morning said:
brook45
It sound like it was not easy. My congratulations! :)
I wasn’t supposed to be interviewed but due to my new name (marriage name) I didn’t complain about it.
You've been interviewed due to name change. Is that right?
Paarey
Congratulations to your whole family! :)

Hi Morning, Thanks, you were nice enough to answer some of my question before my interview, and I really appreciated it. To answer your question, no he said because they have all the information that they need, I didn't have to be interviewed. Before my interviewed I have changed my name so he didn't think that was the reason but he wasn't sure why they ask me to show up.

brook45
Thanks, you were nice enough to answer some of my question before my interview, and I really appreciated it.
My pleasure! ;)
We'll see if they will interview me once again since my name legally changes in just a few days. :D Meanwhile, I prepeared a couple of letters: intent to sue for the NSC and a copy to the Ombudsman. I'm fed up and see no other way out other than taking the bastards to the court.

for brook 45

brook45,,i need to ask you something....at what city it happened?...
if you can contact to me ivpadilla2000@yahoo.com , please i need your advice, i'm in the same problem, believe me, i sent them everything, i had interview, after that, she told me to wait to take a desicion of my case (?) if they have all what they wanted?.......what else they need?
topgun

TOPGUN2000 said:
brook45,,i need to ask you something....at what city it happened?...
if you can contact to me ivpadilla2000@yahoo.com , please i need your advice, i'm in the same problem, believe me, i sent them everything, i had interview, after that, she told me to wait to take a desicion of my case (?) if they have all what they wanted?.......what else they need?
topgun

Topgun, I am sorry you are going through all this. These people don’t really care. They have no conscience at all! The sad thing is most of them are immigrants just like we are. The one particular guy that got me upset was Vietnamese. you can tell that he hasn't been here that long. I was tempted to tell him that he was also immigrant and he shouldn't treat people like that, but I didn't see any reason for me to be rude to him so I left it at that.
As for your question, the city was in San Jose, CA. Immigration cases are handled by a lot of people and most of them doesn't write what you told them and doesn't look what is going on before they tell you the answer. In my case, I was told five different information including: that I will be denied, but all of them were wrong information. What I would advice you is call, go to your local office until you get the answer. Each time you go to the office, you will meet different people, and maybe one of the days, you will get a nice officer that is willing to do his job. Good luck! if there is any thing else that I can help please let me know. I know how frustrating this thing is so I don't mind answering or sharing my experience with you.

Thanks Brook for your Information. Enjoy your new freedom. Good luck to everyone.

QUOTE=brook45]Mentos, the local office I went was in San Jose. I don't have passport so they didn't have to do that. They don't issue me I-94. The officer told me that I don't need the I-94 because I will get my card soon.

Good luck. I am glad you are taking a lawyer with you. some people advised me not to take a lawyer but I decided to do it anyway and I think that helped me a lot.[/QUOTE]

another question for brook 45

When you went to the local office.....did you make an infopass appoinment? or you just went there....
thanks

Hi TopGun and yyliu88, Yes I used infopass selecting to see immigration officer. Once I got there, I told them I have a question regarding my case.

I hope this help.