I got my Birthday gift just a day early

muntasir

Registered Users (C)
Friends:

30 minutes ago I got the long expected mail just a day before my birthday. This is more than a perfect birthday gift for me. My case status has changed to the following:

On June 10, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If I read that correctly, then that means my case has been approved. I have received the above message by email but did not receive any email saying my case has been approved. I think as I have already done my biometrics, they are just ordering my card directly.

For those who are still waiting: hang in there and Good luck. My case details are in the signature.

Congratulations !!

glad to see an old timer coming throuh. Indeed very deserving.. congratulations and Happy b'day bye the way.

Hi, muntasir,

Can you tell us when you had your biometrics done and when your I140 got approved?

Thanks.

fiveice

Category - EB2
PD - Nov 1, 2001, Original Labor
I-140 & I-485 - Concurrent, RD: Feb 4, 2004, ND: Feb 7, 2004
FP - May 28, 2004
1st EAD/AP: Mar 12, 2004/Mar 12, 2004
2nd EAD/AP: Feb 11, 2005/Feb 23, 2005
I-140 AD - Mar 22, 2005
2nd FP (Biometrics) - June 9, 2005
I-485 AD - ????????????

toraboraus, fiveice, tooSAD, GCNSC2004

Thanks a lot.

fiveice said:
Hi, muntasir,

Can you tell us when you had your biometrics done and when your I140 got approved?

QUOTE]

I had my biometrics done on May 13, 2005. My I140 got approved in Feb 22, 2003 (yes that long ago). Thanks.

muntasir said:
Friends:

30 minutes ago I got the long expected mail just a day before my birthday. This is more than a perfect birthday gift for me. My case status has changed to the following:

congrats ...
Also a very Happy Birthday

Last edited by a moderator:
muntasir said:
Friends:

On June 10, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

If I read that correctly, then that means my case has been approved. I have received the above message by email but did not receive any email saying my case has been approved. I think as I have already done my biometrics, they are just ordering my card directly.

For those who are still waiting: hang in there and Good luck. My case details are in the signature.

Hi Mutasir,

Congrats!!
Can you please explain me what is BIOMETRICS??????? What does the INS do in BIOMETRIC?
1. Is this something related to FP?
2. Do every one have to undergo w/ BIOMETRICS hassle?
3. If such things can be avoided, How to avoid it?

Dhoom

Dhoom said:
Hi Mutasir,

Congrats!!
Can you please explain me what is BIOMETRICS??????? What does the INS do in BIOMETRIC?

Dhoom

You can easily avoid the "hassle" of doing biometrics by withdrawing your pending 485 (or not applying for one in the first place)
:D

Seriously - you can't avoid it (Have no clue why you want to avoid it anyway !!)

Mani_007 and Coolchap,

Thanks a lot.

Dhoom said:
Can you please explain me what is BIOMETRICS???????

Taking your photo and index finger impression are defined as Biometrics.

What does the INS do in BIOMETRIC?

Above.

Nop. Related to your greencard application process.

anybody who has applied for I-485.

Just withdrawing your I-485 application.

cool down....it is nothing scary...