I Got It

Bri999

Registered Users (C)
August 1 st after coming back to the hotel room from the first day on my new job, I got an E mail saying they sent my GC, I couldn't describe my happniess, first day in my dream job and get another good news about my GC. I asked my friends to check my mail box everyday since I am out of town and finally I recieved it on Friday when I came back to my Home for the weekend. I never though this moment could come true, but I seen my pic on the new FRESH card and it says PERMENANT RESIDENT :)))))))))))
If I had wings, I would have take off in the sky LOL, I slept with it the first night and It was a good night sleep, No more stress LOLOLOL

Category :AS6 and , it is backdated and what is up with that wierd electronic silvery surface in the back of the card??? If you put it against a light and in a certain angle you could see your pic imbeded in it and your information imbeded as well, it is a very high tech this time...I am afraid to put that card in my wallet so the back side of the card wouldn't get demagnetized

Advise to others who may not know: you could now start applying for your parents to immigrate to the US if you want them to be here....friends of mine did it after they got thier GC and once they got thier citizenships their parents were eccepted soon, because they already bough the wait time which is about 3 to 4 years during the time waiting for the citizenships

Questions for others please:

1) Does placing the card with other cards in your wallet would effect it?
2) What form do I need to send in order to get the re-entery document that lasts for 2 years instead of the travel document that is only good for a year?? and how much is it?
3) When you travel to Canada, do you only need the GC or still need travel document to go there and come back?

Thanks to everyone who supported me in the rough time, you guys were the greatest and after God, you were the ones who lifted my spirit when I was a nervouse wreck. Those who didn't get thier GC yet, hang in there, it is coming soon. I waited 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing i am pretty sure is that u only need GC to travel to canada by driving there....no need for any document

so...i can apply immigration for my parents before i become a citizen huh

Bri999 said:
August 1 st after coming back to the hotel room from the first day on my new job, I got an E mail saying they sent my GC, I couldn't describe my happniess, first day in my dream job and get another good news about my GC. I asked my friends to check my mail box everyday since I am out of town and finally I recieved it on Friday when I came back to my Home for the weekend. I never though this moment could come true, but I seen my pic on the new FRESH card and it says PERMENANT RESIDENT :)))))))))))
If I had wings, I would have take off in the sky LOL, I slept with it the first night and It was a good night sleep, No more stress LOLOLOL

Category :AS6 and , it is backdated and what is up with that wierd electronic silvery surface in the back of the card??? If you put it against a light and in a certain angle you could see your pic imbeded in it and your information imbeded as well, it is a very high tech this time...I am afraid to put that card in my wallet so the back side of the card wouldn't get demagnetized

Advise to others who may not know: you could now start applying for your parents to immigrate to the US if you want them to be here....friends of mine did it after they got thier GC and once they got thier citizenships their parents were excepted soon, because they already bough the wait time which is about 3 to 4 years during the time waiting for the citizenships

Questions for others please:

1) Does placing the card with other cards in your wallet would effect it?
2) What form do I need to send in order to get the re-entery document that lasts for 2 years instead of the travel document that is only good for a year?? and how much is it?
3) When you travel to Canada, do you only need the GC or still need travel document to go there and come back?

Thanks to everyone who supported me in the rough time, you guys were the greatest and after God, you were the ones who lifted my spirit when I was a nervouse wreck. Those who didn't get thier GC yet, hang in there, it is coming soon. I waited 15 years.

I talk to an attorney about applying for my parents but he said i have to wait till i become a citizen????

yeh, that is what everyone thinks and I used to think the same way, but already 3 of my friends did it and in one case, my friends' mother got her GC then she applied for her sons (my friends) since they were older than 18 they didn't get it, but applying for them 4 years ago, now when she got her citizenship 4 months ago, they applied again and they counted all the 4 years they waited, they gave them credit for all that time and they just sent one of them the GC and the other one should be very soon. The thing is they won't get the GC until you are citizen, but the point is that you buy time until you get the citizenship.

otherwise, the waiting to get a GC through a relative, mother, son, etc.. is about 3 years if not more, so buy the time from now and once you get your citizenship, it will be within months when your parents get thier GC. Don't lesiten to some lawers when they told you can't. I am very sure you can do this, 3 times it happened to friends that I know very well and it worked for them

Bri999-

Spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents (if you are over 21) are not part of the VISA numerical limitation and should not be waiting for 3-4 years. As a matter of fact, you would apply concurrently for their I-130, I-485 and I-131 (advance parole).

What you say is very interesting and I guess you're friends lucked out from what they did. PRs are allowed to only sponsor their spouses and unmarried children under 21 - and there is a visa numerical limit.

You know this is typical of CIS. They are going to continue doing this until someone catches the error and then they will 'fix' it and create massive backlogs.

LolaLi said:
Bri999-

Spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents (if you are over 21) are not part of the VISA numerical limitation and should not be waiting for 3-4 years. As a matter of fact, you would apply concurrently for their I-130, I-485 and I-131 (advance parole).

What you say is very interesting and I guess you're friends lucked out from what they did. PRs are allowed to only sponsor their spouses and unmarried children under 21 - and there is a visa numerical limit.

You know this is typical of CIS. They are going to continue doing this until someone catches the error and then they will 'fix' it and create massive backlogs.

LolaLi,

so, you are saying that since I am a permenant resident now, I can apply for my parents to immigrate to the US. and they won't wait for a long time? until I get my citizenship? if so, how long is the wait for someones' parents to get thier immigration VISA if he/she is a GC holder and not a citizen?

thanks for the info Karina

since I am a GC holder now; Do I need to send the immigration office a change of address if I move like we used to do when we are asylees?

Bri999 said:
thanks for the info Karina

since I am a GC holder now; Do I need to send the immigration office a change of address if I move like we used to do when we are asylees?

Yes - you need to fill out form AR-11 (or something close) every time you move and within 10 days. This only ends after you become a citizen.