I got interview notice, but In deep trouble

hassoon

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I am in a very bad situation and I need any help:

Here is my situation.

- I got interview notice at SPokane WA office. ( this is the worst time to get it)
- I lost my job last week.
- I filed my 1485 in CSC on 2/2002.
- I left the company after 2 months.
- I worked in a compnay in Washington State.
- I Lost my job last week.

What Can I do Now for any chance for approval? What if I don't find a job?

What if I get a contracting Job?

Do you know a good attorney in Spokane area?

My company is not cooprating at all.

Please help !!

1) You filed to CSC?
2) When is your interview date, if it is very soon, you can just bring whatever pay stubs you have now. But, it is tough if your company is not helping you.
BTW, did you quit or get laid off.

I got laid off

and my company is not helping me out at all. My interview is in July 30th. But at the time of the interview I would be of course out of job.

Best option is to try for a job .Even if you dont get a job try to find a friendly company ( consulting etc) which can give you atleast offer letter for future employment say from August 1st or so, with sal matching the LC salary. If you can manage a good lawyer you can get through this.

Do you know how I can find such a company

I don't have any idea about finding a company to give me offer. Do you know of any company? Can you tell me how to look for them.

THanks

hassoon, 2 ways to do that,

a) Ask ur desi friends, (except on this immigrationportal, I mean real life friends).
b) More effective way, go to dice.com, and start researching every company you find. If you see desi names, call them, and tell them that you'll PAY them for this favor .. chances are someone will bite. Not only that, you'll PAY them to run you thru their payroll for a month or whatever.

Come to think of it, these consulting type companies, that I prefer to refer as pimps, if they get you on board, and next month ur gonna be a GC holder, they can get a good contract to hire $$ deal. But don't present urself this way, when you call them, just tell them you are bent over and willing and out of 100's of such companies, one will definitely bite.

I am sorry to say..

but I think hasson is out of luck unless he finds a real job quickly. Also I dont think it is right to advice someone to abuse the system by paying to get on the payroll.
Hasson, you can find a job anywhere in the country , it is not necesary to get a job in the same city..I got a friend who has succesfully got GC after moving from bay area to phoenix AZ.
So keep all options open..you still have 45 days before the interview date..best of luck and best wishes.

Also I dont think it is right to advice someone to abuse the system by paying to get on the payroll.

<---- I have no respect for a system that is so screwed up, unfair and utterly useless. Plus, I don't think this would be abusing it.

THanks so much guys...But

what do you mean by desi name silly man? I really don't know the word desi. Please let me know, and I will work on that front as well as looking for jobs.

hasson

any name that ends with soft (except microsoft and peoplesoft) is a good indication that it is an indian body shop. also try names that end with tek.

there are tons of companies who do what sillyman refers to as pimps i.e. they earn their revenue by sponsoring someone, running payroll with the candidates money and collecting a "reasonable" service fee.

Also just curious, how long have you been in this country? Are you in any way associated with the software industry. If so, you should know these things by now. As h1 people, our status is very delicate and one should always try to build up contacts so that if one ever faces your situation, he has options.

Thanks so much for all the good info

Guys you don't know how much I appreciate you excellent information. Thanks sooooo much,

I am a mechanical engineer, and somehow associated with software but not develper, I used to be QA.