I got Fingerprint (TSC) - significance?

markofjohnson

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I just had my fingerprint / biometric apointment. I filed EB3 I140, I485, and EAD not long ago, my TSC receipt dates for these filings are mid May 2006. I am EB3 rest of world, my priority date is September 2000 due to an earlier failed green card atempt that reached EB3 aproval but I was laid off before I could get my consular processing. Scince then I've been away from the US, now I'm back for a 2nd try...

So, getting the fingerprinting apointment so soon after filing - is this routine or should I be encouraged? Did the mail room enter my year 2000 priority date, see I am current, and send my file through for processing right away? I am from England and work for a bank in the US, so maybe the FBI name check could be processed easily? Is it possible that the retrogression is actually helping me because many other 485s are not current and the cases are stalled? Or... did the computer just schedule the biometrics automatically and I should expect to wait months and years for I140 and I485 news?

thanks for you thoughts.

I am in a similar boat - applied for 140/485 mid May and got FP notice today. Weird thing is that the FP notice is only for myself and not my spouse too... Not sure if getting FP so soon is normal..

I am also in a similar boat - from england with priority date of May '97 from a previously failed/withdrawn EB3 case.

My 2nd attempt EB3, 140/485/EAD is being mailed today (6/6/06).

I'll let you know if I get fingerprinting within 2-3 weeks. Hopefully they will deal with most cases consistently and its not like the last time which took 9 months from filing to fingerprinting appointment... (I do know that fp should come back ok within 2 days since I recently had a project at an airport where we had to do FBI finger printing and background security check.)

Good luck to you. I've been vetted by the FBI too, as I currently work for a bank, but that was over a year ago. Yesterday I got the news that my EAD was approved. Filed may 16th, approved June 5th. This gives me confidence that they did indeed recognise the earlier priority date. I just read today that the procedure for concurrently filed cases is aproximately:

1) simple check of the I140 to make sure that it is not obviously wrong, so that the benifits of filing the I485 are not given to people who's I140 could never be approved. eg EAD
2) issue fingerprint and name checks
3) wait for the security checks come back from the FBI,
4) do full review of both I140 and I485. However looking at other peoples processing times reported in the tracker threads, it seems that at this step the I140 can be approved and the I1485 still takes some months?

I seem to be in 3) wait for the FBI. As I only filed 3 weeks ago this is good news already, plus EAD on the way. When your filing receipts come back, make an account on the USCIS webpage and track all your applications, watch for Last Updated Date changes on the portfolio page. If like most of the people here, you will do this obsesively every day ;-)

My wife and I did our biometrics two days ago and since then there's been 3 LUDs: 7/27, 7/28 and 7/29.

Our fingers are crossed that we'll hear about EAD soon. :)

Hi

Ours is a similar case.
EB3 - India. Priority date - 04/2000
TSC I-140/I-485/EAD/AP RD:06/31/06... ND:7/6/06..
FP DONE:7/25/06
EAD AD: 7/18/06 Cards Ordered: 7/24/06. Card received 7/26/06
AP - AD - 08/08/06
I140 AD - 08/10/06
I485 - No updates after FP .

No updates for EAD, AP ,I140 until approved
pl. keep me posted.

My wife and I both received our EAD cards this week. :D

However her card is valid for 2 years and mine is only valid for 1. Is there any significance to this?

markofjohnson said:
So, getting the fingerprinting apointment so soon after filing - is this routine or should I be encouraged?

I don't want to be the rain on the parade, but it is routine. Procedures of sending out FP notices, approval of EAD/AP and adjudication of I-485 are done separately and independently from each other. However, if one department at TSC is working fast, you could hope that the rest of them are on the roll as well. Also, TSC is generally regarded as a faster service center than others, so there are reasons to be hopeful :)

Today I received a mail from USCIS stating that a notice have been sent asking for additional information. I will update once i receive the notice

The RFE was for proof of status since time of entry and I - 94. Sent reply on
9/9/06. Today there was an update . It says we have recevied your response. However since the preliminary processing is already over, the processing of this case will take less time than originally stated.

Does anyone know how long it will take? Pl. enlighten.