I got EAD recently, can I bring my parents on visitor visa?

Ananya123

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1B 7th yr ext. I have H1B approval notice, but donot have stamp in the passport.
Recently, I applied the concurrent I140/485. I got EAD.

Can I use that EAD to bring my parents on visitor visa.
If so what kind of documentation do I need?

Do I have to submit - copies of
EAD card,
EAD approval notice,
Receipts of 140 and 485,
H1B 7th yr ext approval notice,
passport.

Please respond to me.

Thanks

Ananya123,
You don't need an EAD or GC to sponsor your parents on a B-1/B-2 Visitor visa. You can sponsor them even in H-1B status (Approval notice for 7th year ext.).
Refer to the below link for list of documents required by you and your parents.
http://www.immihelp.com/visas/visitor/

Ananya123 said:
I am on H1B 7th yr ext. I have H1B approval notice, but donot have stamp in the passport.
Recently, I applied the concurrent I140/485. I got EAD.

Can I use that EAD to bring my parents on visitor visa.
If so what kind of documentation do I need?

Do I have to submit - copies of
EAD card,
EAD approval notice,
Receipts of 140 and 485,
H1B 7th yr ext approval notice,
passport.

Please respond to me.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You no need to have visa stamped on your passport.H1 approval notice is fine.I did for my parents 2 weeks back with H1 approval notice.They got it for 10yrs.

I don't know about EAD process.

Thanks for the quick replies. The links are really helpful.

ram_pk - Did your parents apply for the first time and got the 10 year multiple entry visa? My parents are applying for the first time. They are below 60 years old. Is there any constraint that above 60 years old get the multiple entry visa easily. Just want to know how things go at the consulate.

Thanks in advance

I think the 60+ age bracket is one of the important criteria, if not the only one used by the consulates for granting a 10 yr multiple entry visa.
My parents came this year on their second visit and got a 1 yr visa. They are below 60. They got a 6 month visa in their first visit. Some friends I know suggested that the visa term increases with each visit until the applicant ages 60+. So if I were to call my parents for a 3rd visit before they are 60, they would most likely get a 5 year visa (as was the case for one of my friend's parents).

Ananya123 said:
Thanks for the quick replies. The links are really helpful.

ram_pk - Did your parents apply for the first time and got the 10 year multiple entry visa? My parents are applying for the first time. They are below 60 years old. Is there any constraint that above 60 years old get the multiple entry visa easily. Just want to know how things go at the consulate.

Thanks in advance

Yes,My parents went first time.They are 60+.60+ could be one of the reason to get 10yrs.But my friends parents got 10yrs even they are on mid 50's.You really can't say.If your parents are working and if they put employeement letter they could get 10yrs visa.Provide documentation perfectly.

Hi Ananya123

Hi,

I have learned that recently you filed I-140/485 and got EAD. I am trying to do the same thing. In how many days you got EAD after filling I-140/485.

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies GreenCardsRUS and ram_pk.

gc212 - It took 7 weeks from ND to get the approval and one more week to get cards in hand.
Good Luck to yours too.