• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I Got DV-2007 Interview Date Too!!!

dv2007

Registered Users (C)
Today I called KCC to ask something that I changed in my last name,and I wanted to send themcopy of my new birth certificate,but girl at KCC told me:"Do not send us anything,because we called the embassy and we scheduled an iterview for you on October 20th,so they will take over your case from now.We sent you 2nd Notification Letter on Tuesday and you will get it in 3-4 weeks.So every document you have,take it to your embassy."
These are the words this girl told me,and I was so thrilled and happy,because I didn't expect interview so fast,and I didn't know if forms were filled right.
Everything happened so fast I still can't believe it.I mean we don't know if they will call us,even if everything with forms is ok,so I am veeeeery happy!
Now I can relax a bit,and start making mountain of documents for my CP interview:)...
I wish good luck to everyone,and I hope that all of us from this fabulous forum will get GCards!
Cheers!!!

congratulation

congratulation ..
in which country are you? and what about your case number
I'm from egypt and my case number is af4xxx but cuz of the exception in egypt this year my interview supposes in november

hi dv2007

how r u ?/

what did kcc tell u when u told them about the changing ur last name ??

u from egypt ??

i typed my middle name as my father's name only

not my fatrher's name + grands' names

what do u think ????????????

I'm in Europe and My CN is EU000013xx.
Hi medococo,I didn't change my last name,I just got rid of one because I had two last names.
I did this last month,but KCC told me it's not a problem as long as I have all documents and police certificates stating why I changed my last name.I have to translate these documents-there are few of them,and take them to my interview.
About your situation-I think it's a mistake and they can make you problems about that,because I guess it's not the exact name as it stands in your passport.
My situation is not a huge problem because I can explain it to the officer at the embassy,and I have documentation.
But I am not sure how are you going to explain to them why you wrote middle name that is wrong or middle name that you don't actually have??? :confused:
Maybe you should correct it while it's not too late???

got my packet as well (08/19/2006)...

EU20xx, the interview is scheduled for October 25th (received packet in U.S.)

Did you dared to ask if changes were made to lottery or even if cancelled in Sept by US congresss then will it affect DV2007 lottery?

I am winner for Dv2007 but my case number wont come up until Jan next year. The last time i asked KCC on phone the lady told me that KCC was not instructed on any lottery changes.

anybody spoke to them recently and were given a more clear answer like dv2007 will happen for sure sort of thing