I got biometric notice? Why again?

skp19722003

Registered Users (C)
Only 5 months ago, (Aug 28th, 2005) Myself and my wife gave code 2 Biometrics.
Today I got USCIS notice(only for me) for code 1 biometrics on 01/28/2006.
What is the reason to do it again? Any idea?
PD: 09/12/2002
EB3...India.
140: 05/02/2005

The same thing happened to me.

I had done biometrics code 2 on 06/16/2005.
and then I did another code 1 on 01/06/2006.

Did you talk to your congressman or senator recently about name check?
I had talked to congressman. wondering if that triggered the second biometrics.

Nothing exciting about Biometrics

Both of you have a very positive PD 's.
So I wish that might beeee an approval comming soon..

Well in past we have had noticed that there is nothing so exciting about this biometric stuff... it comes on its own and I think its a automatic process.
The only thing that comes to the mind is :
Finger printing is valid for 18 months [ correct me if I am wrong].
Now when U were called for biometrics -- Ur fingure printing was still valid ... so U did Code -2 . Now after 6 months Ur finger printing has expired -- so they have called U all for Code 1 .. All 10 digits this time.

I think its nothing but to keep one current -- atleast in this biometrics area..

Hmmmm wonder how long these pictures are valid for ... that they click

good luck
eBhola

Last edited by a moderator:
why?

Thanks, guys. I gave first FP on 05/25/2004. Biometric on 08/13/2006.
Both of the above notices had an option to reschedule my FP appointment if I couldn't make it. But this time it mentioned:

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

I cannot reschedule at all. Is this a positive news???

That is the standard format for Biometrics/FP appointment letter now a days ( sorry if I took your excitement away).

If you want, you can reschedule it by going to the ASC before the appt. date and telling them the reason why you would not be able to make it on that day.

skp19722003 said:
Thanks, guys. I gave first FP on 05/25/2004. Biometric on 08/13/2006.
Both of the above notices had an option to reschedule my FP appointment if I couldn't make it. But this time it mentioned:

PLEASE APPEAR AT THE BELOW APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER AT THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED. IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED.

I cannot reschedule at all. Is this a positive news???

The same thing happened to us

We've done our first biometrics code 1 around Nov/Dec 2004. Biometrics code 2 in August 2005.
Now only my husband received a biometrics code 1 notice to appear in ASC on 01/28/06. I didn't received any notice at this time.
Can you suggest any reason why I didn't get the notice to appear for second biometics code 1 ?
What can I do? Should I call them?

Appreciate your response,
waiting_aos

waiting_aos said:

Calling will not help nor I think is necessary...
Just wait for mail .. do not worry ... they will finger print and picture U again before issuing the GC.

Just relax ... finger printing is not for us ... but for them...

in same boat

I contacted local congressman abt status of my case. The reply i got was case is pending because of security check & also no visa numbers are available.

after month or so i got notice for biometric. This time it was code1. I already did code1/3 (not sure) in may 2004 then code2 in Jun 2005 & now again code1 in dec 2005.

I read on forum that few ppl got their case approved after 2 months ofgetting code 1 biometric at CSC. God only knows whats going on at NSC.

same here

Same here. I too received Finger Prints second notice(code1) on today though my PD is not current and it looks like long way to reach based on current Retrogression scenarios. Pl. see my signature for my details.
Let's hope for the best.

The reason for another code 1 ( 10 finger prints) couldn't be simpler. Your first code 1 has expired after 15 months. Forget about code 2, only code 1 is for criminal history check and it is valid for 15 months. That's it. Hopefully we don't need another code 1. Good luck ! Boys, just smile and wait, smile and wait.

My case is also stuck in security check. recently I did my code 1 biometrics. Does it mean that they will send my biometrics for name check or this is just because my fps are expired (more than 15 months) ?

I sent email to FBI almost 4 months back but still didn't receive any reply. I hope my name check gets complete before my pd becomes current.

I also received FP code 1 for 8th ,feb . I think its just the normal process for them ... once the FP report validity expires they send u the next one . See my signature for more details .

I'm not at all excited by this FP notice as nothing gonna change . As long retro is there we wont be approved . Infact i will consider myself lucky if my GC is approved before this FP expire (i.e before May 2007) .

July2003filer, from my signature you can tell that we are on almost exactly the same track. I just got my second inquiry response back yesterday, guess what, I am still on going background check. There is nothing I can do about it. I don't complain much either.

question about spouse

kvrp and IPC302, did you get notice for second code 1 bio only for you or for your spouses as well?

waiting_aos,
Received notices for second code 1 bio for both myself & spouse as well.

waiting_aos said:
kvrp and IPC302, did you get notice for second code 1 bio only for you or for your spouses as well?

me only.

I only got code 1 for myself. not for my spouse. Even if it is expire after 15 month, why should they do the name check again?

The same thing happen to US

Only the primary application received code 1 notice these time. Should I call them?

waiting_aos said:
We've done our first biometrics code 1 around Nov/Dec 2004. Biometrics code 2 in August 2005.
Now only my husband received a biometrics code 1 notice to appear in ASC on 01/28/06. I didn't received any notice at this time.
Can you suggest any reason why I didn't get the notice to appear for second biometics code 1 ?

Appreciate your response,
waiting_aos

biometrics only for primary

liliu,

I decided not to call them since our PD is not current they will probably will not answer.
I'm not sure why they sent biometrics code one only for primary. My husband will ask at ASC about me when he comes for his biometrics appointment

count me in

I also got Code 1 biometric notice appointment for 04/13 for me alone, not my wife.

My Name check is still pending as of 02/15/2006. PD and RD are current but no use so far.

Damascus,

Did you try writing to your area Senators/Congressman? Did you or anybody on your behalf try to inquire when your name check was initiated?

damascus said:
I also got Code 1 biometric notice appointment for 04/13 for me alone, not my wife.

My Name check is still pending as of 02/15/2006. PD and RD are current but no use so far.