I feel like yelling at somebody..

Sankrityayan

Registered Users (C)
Can we quit posting messages that do nothing but congratulate.. it feels like congratulating someone after being released from prison. Am I the only one that opens a thread expecting to see an interesting comment but is disappointed when encountered with the stock "Congratulations, enjoy your freedom ...."

We are all desperate to get out of this purgatory as quickly as we can and we obviously wish the ones that have gotten out well. So what is the point?

I know I am being a brat here and I will be roundly excoriated for this rant, but I suppose I must take it if I want to dish it out.:D

You are being a brat. But then again you worked for it, suffered for it, earned it and I think you might as well enjoy it. I feel like being a brat too, but can't think of anything bratty to say offhand...
:D

Congratulations on expressing your feelings....:)

Sorry, couldn't resist...:)

cmr

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I just would like to see more details on these approval posts.
People are so excited, understandably, that they completely forget to post details.

Or if somebody is posting their stamping details, please reiterate your detials.

I am sure there are other nationalities

visiting this site but us Indians typically some particular kinds tend to congratulate each other "heavily" hiding under the beds. I can see the sufferings and am on the same boat too. But there are some posters who don't contribute anything even they are capable of posting greenland output; and all of a sudden they come out of hiding and start throwing 'cong... enjoy.....' at each other. We can't stop this, this will keep going..
That was ghee's analysis.

I agree with all of you.

while your leaving this boat , and enjoying your freedom (not totally, before getting your naturalization), just leave some details about your experinces, RFE detail, stamping details etc...
anyway wish you all the best in your life.
Urch

Hello

I think everyone has liberty to say congrts , best of luck etc. It like don't you congrajulate your freinds if they achive something ? After going through this website and getting more useful info from other freinds/member you can hardly resist not to congrajulate. Anyway everyone will have different mindset.

Take it easy

Hey Guys

Have patience…and there is nothing bad in congratulating those who got thru..this shows our large heartedness.. …don’t worry our time will also come…may be today BCIS …officials are busy in some meetings!!! I think the true picture will emerge at the end of the month only…till than lets keep our fingers crossed…we all are sailing on the same boat…and if you loose your cool we might all sink…so keep your chin up ….look straight and Cheer up…and have a great weekend…..

Re: Hey Guys

Originally posted by andy2000
Have patience…and there is nothing bad in congratulating those who got thru..this shows our large heartedness.. …don’t worry our time will also come…may be today BCIS …officials are busy in some meetings!!! I think the true picture will emerge at the end of the month only…till than lets keep our fingers crossed…we all are sailing on the same boat…and if you loose your cool we might all sink…so keep your chin up ….look straight and Cheer up…and have a great weekend…..

Hey, Who said anything about resentment, narrow-mindedness and self pity?:( It is a given that we are happy when somebody's application is approved. My only crib is about the scores of posts that say nothing more than congratulations, blah, blah, blah, .... Is there really any point reiterating the obvious.

Furthermore, what is there to congratulate about an I-485 approval. It is like congratulating someone who has after years of bonded labor, managed to gain a release from servitude.

Sankrityayan

If you think there is nothing great about getting I-485 Approval…than am sorry to say its looks weired…correct?? I think you know this is I485 forum not a general discussion where one can say “….what is there to congratulate about an I-485 approval”. I am amused man…at your thoughts

I am glad I am the cause of some amusement!

I have reproduced the dictionary definition of the word congratulation below:

con·grat·u·la·tion (kn-grch-lshn, -grj-, kng-) n.
The act of expressing joy or acknowledgment, as for the achievement or good fortune of another.

Now, which of the above two do you believe an I-485 approval represents; achievement or good fortune?

i have been watching the two camps (as well as the middle one) rather closely and feel that i'm probably closer in my views to sankrit than to andy; i hastily add, though, that people do feel compelled to still congratulate known (and unknown) faces (or pseudonyms), so there's nothing wrong in it. i personally get restless when i see pages of same or similar comments ushered to someone, who, like sankrit said, might as well have just escaped from the ghetto. more to the point, i think we are all (at least, i definitely am) well-wishers of each other, so mere 'congrats' should, i believe, be implicit in our discussion both during and outside of our times in this ghetto.

at the same time, these are my personal views. i frankly admit that although i browse this forum a lot, the fact that i don't post as much as i'd have loved to has something to do with my belief in the sheer inadequacy and superfluousness of discussions which border on such ("dry"?) congratulations.

but then, i respect both sides, and the need to congratulate and to argue; what i don't respect is the ghetto we are in that ignites such altercations and harangues in the first place.

before we all go mad, and as a note to all camps: the IgNobel Prizes just came out today, and they coincide with their Nobel brethrens - may be you'd wish to check them out?

http://www.improb.com/ig/ig-pastwinners.html

hey sanskrit

people even congratulate each other in the even of being a father or even grand father(even though it is nothing out of ordinary). atleast in 485 the person had to hang on to his employer. I remember my days how I struggled to keep my sanity during the process. I guess we all deserve a bit of it when we are done , specially when it cost nothing.

sd

Even I hate those Congratulations messages but that's what we see daily.
For every one Congratulations post we have to request them to fax our GC and Citizenship Petition to Congressional office.

How is this deal??????

Take it easy!

Hey Sankrit,

Take it easy man! Let the party people have some fun - didnt you see people going bersek when Iraq was liberated:) - its the same way!
Just take it easy and I totally agree with you on the point that we need more info here than simply congratulations.

-MrCoolz