I-EAD from non-local Service Center

bcooler

Registered Users (C)
IEAD from non-local Service Center

Hi,
My EAD is expiring 6/20. Its 90days i sent my EAD Renewal.

My local BCIS Office doesnt issue interim EADs.

I called up the 800 number on the web site but they hum whatever you see on the web site.

My lawyer is suggesting going to a BCIS office in chicago. Did anyone try going to BCIS other than their own. What are the other options if your AP/EAD are about to be expired.

I would appreciate immediate responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sailing in the same boat. I went to St.Louis local office, they said "no" for I-EAD.
I was told that I can only go to St.Louis office and nowhere else as my current address is in St.Louis.
Please let me know if you learn otherwise.I'd really appreaciate that!

Reply to nps123

nps123,
I will update here about whats going on.
But when is your EAD expiring. My employer is talking about taking me off the payroll for a brief period if i dont get my EAD. But lets see how it goes.
Did u take the lawyer when u went to STL office. Did u try going to Chicago.

My EAD expired and already off the payroll. No I did not try to go to Chicago, But I spoke with someone in Kansas City INS office they said they wont issue IEAD since my home address is in St.Louis.
Irony is STL is the only office that is not issuing IEADs, god knows why!
I was told that I should wait until NSC shows mercy on me!

What is ur local office?

Reply to nps123

i am sorry about your case. It looks like neither VSC nor BCIS St. Louis doesnt seem to care about what happens to expiring EADs.

I am in St. Louis as well. So probably i will meet the same fate.
I keep travelling to Chicago often. So i want to take leverage of that.

What would you suggest from your experience ?
Do you think i should carry some letterheads from the company (client) i work with in chicago.
Do i change my address to chicago in the next two weeks.

What are you planning ?

Yup,
Nobody cares - my service center is NSC. I am so irritated that St. Louis seems to be the only INS office not issuing I-EADs.

My lawyer asked me to send a letter to expedite from the employer and I did that, I dont know if that makes any difference. But it might be a good idea to take a letter. I am not sure about the change of address I would suggest you speak to a lawyer about it.

I have no other option, but to wait.
I will update here once I know something.

Thanks,
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
iEAD AT LOCAL INS

nps123,
please post your experience about getting the iEAD...you said the local INS isn't issuing your iEAD , so I assume you are in St.ouis like me :rolleyes: Are you past 90 days? Have you got it yet? What is your SC?

Also what timeframe did your 765 receipt and online case status indicate? Mine says 60 - 90 days.

Thanks

My ND - Apr 18 ....AD - :confused:

My service center is NSC. St.Louis Local office is not issuing I-EAD, I gave several attempts but no luck.

My current EAD expired May 30 and the new EAD was "luckly" approved yesterday. So there is a gap of one week during which I could not work.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hello NPS123

We all are in the same situation.. Well here is my story... I received an rfe for EAD renewal (for HOme address confirmation). INS received my response on June 6th... Well my current EAD is expiring on June 23rd.. Do not know what to DO?

Do u know if Local offices (Newark for me) issue I-Ead with an rfe was issued?

Also what did u do during your lagg time between EAD expiration and new EAD approval?

Did you take leave of absence or just were off the payrol but still continued to work..

Please post your response as it will be a great help..

Thanks

ams74, I think Newark does issue iEADs, I did read a posting about that in this forum in a different thread (it wasnt a very pleasant experience for that person though!) . But I am not sure if you have to wait for 90 days from the original ND or from the RFE date, someone else here may know about it.

I am not sure about I-EAD at Newark, I suggestyou go to them in person and ask them.
No, you can't go on leave, basically they will terminate you and rehire you back once you get your EAD approved. Atleast that is what happened in my case.

I could not work during the break time, I had to just sit at home and wait for renewal to happen. It was quite a rough ride!

Good luck to you maan!. I hope you don't have to go thru all that.

Congrats nps123

Congrats nps123.
I am very glad to hear that.

But i think u can go on a paid/unpaid vacation depending on the company policy. I am pretty certain about that.

Q's for nps123

Hi nps123,

How are you doing. Can you please answer these quick questions for me.

1) How long exactly did it take your EAD renewal.
2) Did you see any anamolies due to which this might have happened. Like I-94 mismatch.

I have done some research in this and i find it could be helpful to ourselves and others if what i am thinking is correct.

I called Kansas City, they said that I have to go to St.Louis as my current address is in St.Louis.

Just an FYI:

My old EAD has expired on 05/30/2003, New one got approved on 06/06/03 and recd the cards today,06/16/2003.

Hi St luis guys, did you apply ur EAD renewal at Missouri Service center? bcos I applied for EAd renewal online(E-file on 29 May), So wondering if u are from same srvice center

sorry this is continuation of previous reply.

Even though I am from VSC, when i applied online for EAD renewal. i got the receipt number as MSC-----
and also confirmation reciept said, i should send the supporting docs to Missouri. When i saw the proceesing times, it says May 30 for (other) EAD, but no time for c(9) catagory. Since we are in c(9) catagory i was wondering since both other and c(9) should be near May 30