i EAD at santa An/Los Angles

EAD late filing - please help

Today I have noticed that my/wife's EAD expires on 04/02/2004. All the time I thought it is end of may. My I-485 is with TSC. I live in Orange Co, CA. My closest INS Dist. office is Santa Ana. Now, I am confused whether to apply for EAD by mail or E-file or Just go to Santa Ana INS to file in person. I appreciate your advice on this.

RD: 03/21/2002
ND: 03/22/2002
FP: 03/25/2003
EB2
TSC

you can apply EAD only 2 Ways :- Mail or E-file.
You can't file EAD thru local INS.
Was your wife working on EAD while her 485 is pending or she didn't use EAD at all. if she didn't use EAD at all then no problem because she's is AOS 485 pending status which means she's not out of status in US.

If she was working then she may have problem in continuing work because you have to have a valid EAD or iEAD in your hand to work.

E-file it today and then when current EAD is about to expire then go to your local INS center and request them to issue you an iEAD before 90 days , they may issue you one.

don't go on my view alone.. check with others but DO EFILE TODAY if possible and if she was working.

K.

Thanks Amcom,

Without wasting a minute, I have e-filed I-765 application for me and my wife. Yes my wife is working with EAD which expires a day ahead of mine (04-01-04). After filing, I called the NSC IIO to get an appointment for photo and finger priniting. We hgot one for tomorrow morning 8.00 AM at locas ASC. She also said, no way I can get an interim EAD from local service centers. She had very happily declared that even if I attempt one, it is my waste of time! So, now I have to sit tight and pray god. USCIS makes every immigrant's life miserable.

Anyway, thanks for timely advice and as you have suggested, I will have to go to INS district office in Santa Ana to get an Interim EAD if I don't receive one before that. I appreciate if you could pass any info related to my case.

gOVgc,

What didi u use while filing E file ..Credit card or checking account? I filed on Feb 3rd using CC and my Card hasn't been charged yet...

kabi2002,
Actually I used both of them! For me I used my credit card. Since I didn't have my wife's CC info and we share same checking a/c, I used checking card for her. But until now, I haven't seen any of them charged yet.

Govgc,

Ok could you please post once ur account has been charged... I got the receipts etc didi fingerprinting also but money hasn't been charged...I am afraid mau be later on they will reject the application...

govgc & kabi2002
don't panic over not getting charged yet.

You will be charged for sure as INS never work for free :D
I saw some posts in which people were charged same day, next day or in 2-3 days to a week.

K.