I-ead at LA office; your experiences please ASAP

minknowledge1

Registered Users (C)
please write about ur experiences for iEAD at LA INS.

Do we get the I-EAD on the same day....
what r the documents to carry....
i will carry original EAD application receipt , anything else to carry.

please give ur detailed experience about the i-ead.
at wat time u arrived at the LA office (coz i have heard about people going there at around 2AM),.....
r there seprate lines for i-ead etc..... all the 9 yards till u got the i-ead card.

also do we get the i-ead card on the same day ?//??

really need to know all this... and any other details............

please give response ASAP

we went there on dec 23..no problems . carry following docs:

1.140 approval
2.proof of residence at address in appl. like DL or get it from DMV
3.485 receipt
4.passport
5.765 receipt

tp72

Thanks tp72
i forgot to mention, i will be coming from a different state,.... i have maintained my LA address, but my DL is of diff state.....
did they ask for the DL for verification , anytime they want to see ID will show passport but my DL is of Diff state......

man it sucks..... also at wat time did u go and stand in the line outside the INS like 2AM or regular time like say 8AM.......

Also i might have fotocopies of 485 receipt and original EAD application receipt but no I-140 approval (my lawyer will have it).... is it a problem

I will be coming from far ,...... cant risk to be told go back and get some other document ...

tp72 if u read this and answer it then it would be gr8

others ur input is also appreciated..... thnx

I think any proof is sufficient to show that you still reside at the same address. Your current phone/electricity/cable bill.

i dont stay in LA anymore.... but i do have a friend who stays at my address... he gets all my INS mails and forwards them to me here.
I have no proof of residence in LA anymore.... i moved around 1&1/2 yrs back. do they really ask for DL ....... i dont know......tp72 ur experience did they ask ur DL , just for ID as i said i will give my passport, but do they ask for DL specifically to check address....

others pls chip in ur experiences too..... really appreciate all the help
thanks

Yes, they did ask me to show the proof of residence as my original EAD was filed from San Jose address. They asked me to show DL with the current address. I have to get one stupid address change card from DMV to show them.

last year they did ask for DL or a letter from DMV...

This year they did not.

I guess you can try , if they ask you to go to DMV , then goto DMV and tell them that ur new address is ....in CA , and they can issue a letter to you.

------------------------------------------------------------------
ABOVE IS JUST MY GUESS , NO PROOF OF IT BEING RIGHT

thanks urguest and tp72

really appreciate ur input this will help me ....

doubt ??? do we need original - ORIGINAL 140 approval and 485 receipt,... i dont have it with me, but i do have fotocopies of the same.... original 765 receipt is there.....
AND
please let me know when did u guys reach the LA (downtown) INS office; was it around midnight, 2AM or the regular hours like 8AM. u guys didnt answer that critical question..... i will be in LA for 2 days only i need to know if there is so much rush that people start the queue at 2AM or say for i-ead its not a problem and there's a different queue.....

my question may not sound so smart but if i reach LA office at say 8 AM and then i m told that all the coupons are already given for i-ead and to come next day.... i cant afford to loose even one day.... please advise

Last edited by a moderator:
Photocopies shall be fine , I guess.

It is better u get there by 3-4 am..there is one only...other one is for appt.

mink...,

I have experience of getting the iEAD at LA downtown Office :

I went there around 6:30 AM in the morning. As expected there was a long queue. Waited in the Queue. Around 7:15 AM one of the security guy came asking everyone in the queue of their purpose of being there . Then he bifurcated the line. I was asked to join a different smaller Queue. Around 8:30 AM I got into the building. A IIO briefly asked about my job and my company. Then he issued a token. Then onwards it was a long wait at two counters at one counter they verify all the papers. The second counter is the basement. There they take the photograph and generate the iEAD.

I carried the following with me

1. I-765 receipt notice
2. I-485 recipt notice ( copy and original)
3. Current EAD ( The one about to expire, if you already have one)
4. Passport ( Just in case)

I came out of the building at 12:30 PM. It took 6 hours for me get the iEAD.

Hope this helps you

when will i get my EAD?

hi All,

I have applied for my 3rd EAD renewal and my RD is 10/16/2003. My current EAD expires on 01/09/2004. Just wanted to know as to when i can expect my EAD to be approved... and does anybody have any ideas as to what RD date VSC is currently processing the EAD...?

Thanks,
luckGC

LuckGC

Hurry up and get IEAD. Don't wait to come through normal course . You may receive it after the expiry of the current EAD.IEAD is good for 6 months.

iEAD before 90 days?

hi gcworthy,

Thanks for the reply. The next question i have is.. in LA can i go to the local office before the 90 day period since i applied for my EAD renewal? and if i do what are my changes? any input would be very much appreciated...

Thanks,
luckGC