I don't understand the argument of 'leaving the company after GC'

qwertyisback said:
The rule which has no basis, don't hold any value either.
:D :D
The rule is suggested by several attorneys.Guess they are using their experience on how USCIS works. You are right the rule has no legal basis, its only a suggestion.Whether it has any value or not is upto to you.

hipka said:
The rule is suggested by several attorneys.Guess they are using their experience on how USCIS works. You are right the rule has no legal basis, its only a suggestion.Whether it has any value or not is upto to you.

Not many attorneys... Its only one(everyone knows that link for sure) and with lot of factual errors on analysis presented on that link.

Besides att murthy, I know att. mike khosla (usimmigration.net) and my company attorney told me the same thing

Murthy's link is based on some wrong assumption. So Not good
Post mike khosla (usimmigration.net)'s link.
Also regarding personal conversation with attorney, there are many on this forum who has been told otherwise. In such situation(gray area), Attorney's plays safe, they guess what client like to hear and say accordingly.

AC21 supports changing job even b4 getting GC.

AC21 supports changing job even b4 getting GC. So I don't understand what is the big deal in changing the job after getting the GC within similar job requirements.

Sankar. :)

My attorney told me and send me an e-mail that I could change job(s) after getting GC. There is no time limit. Of course my it's my own attorney and not company's. Company's attorneys will safeguard company's interest and tell accordingly.

what about u'r company makes u'r life miserable

and such that you are practically forced to resign. It is very unhealthy for me to continue like this.
And it has been just 2 months since my I485 got approved.
How can I show intent that I did not want to leave - but was coerced into it?

any guidance appreciated

cho said:
and such that you are practically forced to resign. It is very unhealthy for me to continue like this.
And it has been just 2 months since my I485 got approved.
How can I show intent that I did not want to leave - but was coerced into it?

any guidance appreciated
Remember the govt. gave you the GC to work for the sponsoring employer, not as a recognition of your skills, welcoming nature of US etc.. If you are not interested in working for your emp. why did you ask him to sponsor your GC?
That being said if you really feel the employer is treating you badly feel free to leave but collect documents, like E-mails, reviews etc. to prove that you were not treated properly.

hipka said:
Remember the govt. gave you the GC to work for the sponsoring employer, not as a recognition of your skills, welcoming nature of US etc.. If you are not interested in working for your emp. why did you ask him to sponsor your GC?
That being said if you really feel the employer is treating you badly feel free to leave but collect documents, like E-mails, reviews etc. to prove that you were not treated properly.
I ve always had this "point of view" bother me. Why do we always think that it is only that we (as an employee of the GC sponsoring firm) want the GC. As far as employer-sponsored GC is concerned, isn't it that both the parties (both the employer and employee) are equally interested in it.
Consider that you are working for company A and company B sponsors your GC. In that case, it is very much in the interest of company B that they "want" you to work for them. And, that is why they are sponsoring GC for you.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

hakoonamataata said:
I ve always had this "point of view" bother me. Why do we always think that it is only that we (as an employee of the GC sponsoring firm) want the GC. As far as employer-sponsored GC is concerned, isn't it that both the parties (both the employer and employee) are equally interested in it.
Consider that you are working for company A and company B sponsors your GC. In that case, it is very much in the interest of company B that they "want" you to work for them. And, that is why they are sponsoring GC for you.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
You are absolutely right. Your employer is interested in your GC too thats why he is requesting the govt. to give you the GC. This is the reason the govt. wants you to work for him after the GC. Whats the other point?

change in their intent not mine

the point is that they were intereseted in u working for them when they applied for it - and now the company wants people to leave - and it is forcing them to resign by making conditions too unbearable and humiliating
that is their needs have changed not mine - i had not intentions of leaving

show me the law!!!

hipka said:
Prior to AC21 the law was clear that you could not leave the employer rapidly without reason.There are some cases where the person got into trouble on changing jobs before AC21. After AC21 this issue is not clear as some arguments can be made to suggest that the 'intent of'( tricky argument! ) AC21 removes this requirement.
The rule of the thumb has no BASIS, thats why its called a rule of thumb, not rule of LAW!

I don't quite see how there is such a law. If I switch job 1 day after I get GC, but I apply for citizenship 6 years later. I only need to list jobs for past 5 years. So how would they suspect anything?

chinabee said:
I don't quite see how there is such a law. If I switch job 1 day after I get GC, but I apply for citizenship 6 years later. I only need to list jobs for past 5 years. So how would they suspect anything?

Although you need to only list jobs for the past 5 yrs. you can be asked questions prior to that in the interview for citizenship.

hipka said:
Although you need to only list jobs for the past 5 yrs. you can be asked questions prior to that in the interview for citizenship.

Sure they can ask anything they want. But Do they ask such q/s to check "Intent" after GC. ?? Does citizenship process puts some/any stake for that "intent after GC" part?? OR is there any known cases with such scenerios?? NO. Then why fear about it?? :D :D There is no point in guessing/What if games.

If you want fear .. Take this. citizenship process verifies moral character.... Most of members might have some fights in their teen/college days and can be in trouble because of that.. What if CIS asks you about those incidents??

qwertyisback said:
Sure they can ask anything they want. But Do they ask such q/s to check "Intent" after GC. ?? Does citizenship process puts some/any stake for that "intent after GC" part?? OR is there any known cases with such scenerios?? NO. Then why fear about it?? :D :D There is no point in guessing/What if games.

If you want fear .. Take this. citizenship process verifies moral character.... Most of members might have some fights in their teen/college days and can be in trouble because of that.. What if CIS asks you about those incidents??
Read my previous posts they were worried about this intent thing only in early 90's, since then they have been relaxed. Now they are worried about terrorism only which was hardly an issue before.
Yes if they manage to prove you had bad moral character, then your citizenship can be denied. If CIS asks you about fights in teen/college days you would have to answer them truthfully, because if you lie your citizenship can be denied/revoked.
Nobody is trying to frighten you, only pointing out that there are many ways they can cause trouble during citizenship or even after it. This does not mean that they will do something only that they can do it if they please!!

hipka said:
Nobody is trying to frighten you, only pointing out that there are many ways they can cause trouble during citizenship or even after it.

OK, here it goes. So we can not live peacefully after getting citizenship as well. :D :D . Its not frightening but very heart warming for all members. Keep it up. :D :D

You guys better quote the law. If there's no law or regulation guiding this, this is just somebody's imagination.

Better yet, show the cases too.

hipka said:
Nobody is trying to frighten you, only pointing out that there are many ways they can cause trouble during citizenship or even after it. This does not mean that they will do something only that they can do it if they please!!

In continuation of guessing...One more q/s..After getting citizenship, Can CIS troubles you with "Intent after GC" part??