I don't think CIS has started approving EB AOS based on the memo

hyyz

Registered Users (C)
I don't think CIS has started approving EB AOS based on the memo. The recent approvals are either because of NC cleared or for family-based AOS.

Just look at the recent approvals at trackitt. All approvals are those AOS filed in 2006 & 2007. If CIS has started approve cases based on the memo, we should at least see approvals for old cases (like my case).

I don't think CIS has started approving EB AOS based on the memo. The recent approvals are either because of NC cleared or for family-based AOS.

Just look at the recent approvals at trackitt. All approvals are those AOS filed in 2006 & 2007. If CIS has started approve cases based on the memo, we should at least see approvals for old cases (like my case).

I am sure that I was stuck in Name check from Oct 2005.

I called 2 days back to NSC and they told me that my file is assigned to an officer today. (It can take 30 to 60 days)
Today I got approval e-mail.

Thanks
Ajoo

It could be your NC happened to be cleared.

I just figured it doesn't make sense there are no old cases being reported approved on trackitt.com if CIS does start approving cases that are approvable due to the demo. All recent approvals reported there are for 2006 & 2007 filers.

hyyz,

I second you on your ideas on the new memo issue. I did not see any old cases are benefited by this memo, like us 2003, 2004 cases. As a matter of fact, there are many old cases which are stuck in NC for over 3 years.
I contacted my congrssman (CA) and got his response last Friday from CIS. CIS asks to wait 90 days for next inquiry, which means CIS will process cases in 90 days.
Personally I do not think CIS will or can process 47,000 cases by mid-March. 90 days is a reasonal time frame. Also CIS has not processed these cases yet. Let's wait for another month or so to see how it works.

I agree. April 30th seems like the realistic date by which most of the cases eligible under the new memo should be approved.
Here are my 2 cents:

1) likelihood of getting response by mid-march - 49.99%
2) likelihood of getting response by April 30th - 99.99%

hyyz,

I second you on your ideas on the new memo issue. I did not see any old cases are benefited by this memo, like us 2003, 2004 cases. As a matter of fact, there are many old cases which are stuck in NC for over 3 years.
I contacted my congrssman (CA) and got his response last Friday from CIS. CIS asks to wait 90 days for next inquiry, which means CIS will process cases in 90 days.
Personally I do not think CIS will or can process 47,000 cases by mid-March. 90 days is a reasonal time frame. Also CIS has not processed these cases yet. Let's wait for another month or so to see how it works.

you might be wrong. i have a friend just received card. and as matter of facts. lots of those cases were processed and only waiting for NC.

hyyz,

My take on the situation is that they have started on approvals starting with EB1 and EB2 right now.
The approvals are trickling in . But yes mass letters would have been sent out by March 10 which now looks unlikely( since USCIs withdrew the Q&A) so April 30 is most probable for most old EB3 cases.

Spoke to IO

According to IO, they are still in the process of identifying the cases eligible under the memo. He mentioned April 30,2008 and asked me to wait for 60 days.
He said that I din't need to go to ASC for FP. He could refresh them on his end. When I said that I know few cases that got approved lately with 2007 dates at NSC. He sounded surprised and asked if their NC were cleared.
I said some of them did and others still had NC pending. NSC was processing cases in the order of RD.

USCIS is probably the most screwed up instituion in the US! I don't they are still following any logic even now. My take on their priority list is as follows:
1. WOM Filers
2. Applications with no hits (the standard ones)
3. I -485 "stuck" cases by by priority date>EB-category

I have been stuck since 8/04 in EB-2 with 2002 priority date. The last LUD on my case was more than a year ago..so I dunno what is going on!!! USCIS is hopeless!!