I dont have a birth certificate..... What should i do?

Greenspans

Get one... is an easy reply. Right now, since my parents are here in US.
It is very difficult for me to get one from my Home Village. Is there any other document that can substitute Birth Ceritificate? Please let me know.

No Title

Get one from the Indian Embassy and submit it along with your I-485 application. At the last stage if they send you an RFE to provide original birth certificate, then you can obtain one from your village within that time. I know this worked with few people I know personally.

No Title

nopeeeee...
Dont get from father and mother...
get it from some other close relatives...
I got it from my maternal uncle/aunty etc...
I Got it in Rs.10 stamped paper.. notorized by a lawyer...
Did not submit any birth certificates...
Hopefully I dont get any RFE...

No Title

affidavits are not going to work without \'Non-Availability certificate\'
You hv to get this from \'Municipal corporation\'.
The guy who issues this knows about it. Pay him some money and get it.

No Title

Submit it with Affidavit and also BC from the
Indian Consulate . Most people get through with it .

If they issue RFE at that time , you can submit your
BC or Non Availability .

No Title

I submitted BCs I got from the Indian consulate for both my wife and myself. My I485 was approved based on these certificates. I have seen postings by other people who recieved RFEs for BC when they submitted the consulate certificates. So the best thing would be to submit the consulate certificates and then try to get a non availability certificate and affidavits during the time you are waiting for approval.Thats what I did.

PS
You can forge any kind of certificate from India...I doubt INS has the resources to check anything :)

No Title

Hi dan dan, keep it down, ok, don\'t post whatever you know on the public forum, INS could read your message. The same thing with all the emails, now FBI has set up some message filters, they could look for some specific messages and track those offensive guys. Now a days, electronic communication is as dangerous as it is easier.

No Title

Please don\'t take dandan\'s advice seriously. He is just kidding.
Please dont even think of doing anything like that. Lets go by the book and no short-cut\'s. Instead be ready for RFE\'s and try to arrange for the docuuments in advance. Also please advice your friends regarding the documents needed. Last minute running around for doc can be avoided.

No Title

ind2k1,

Could you please tell me how to get this Non-Availability Certificate ?
I had an interview in Baltimore INS today and mine didn\'t get approved
only because I did not submit non-availability certificate. Any pointers
from you would be appreciated. My email is avallab@yahoo.com

Thanks.

listUser