• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

i didn't pay DOS fee is there chnce for me what should i do?

chutgur

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys i don't know how to use this thing and i am freaking out here please give me advice. i recieved my NL letter back in may and i just filed it this august. my case number was AS00033xxx. am i too late? also i didnt know that i was suppose to pay 440$ to DOS. except that i sent everything to USCIS in my i-485 packet. i also didnt send any DS forms to KCC. i am already in the usa and i understood only doing i-485 would be ok. i am planing to send my DOS fee tomorrow and send the reciept to uscis chicago lockbox. hey friends am i doing right thing here or i screwed up my chance plz plz give me advice. thank you all of you.

Calm down, are you DV 2010 or 2011?
I blv 2011.

If it is DV 2011, you are NOT supposed to send in your i-485 until after Oct 1 st 2010, that too ONLY IF your number is current.
You number will be current only next yr around July.
If you have send in i-485, you will be lucky if they return your docs without cashing the chk. If they cash the chk, you will get a reject letter and your money is gone for good!!
get on to DV 11 AoS only forum for more info.
Do not worry about sending the $440 to DoS yet.

Best!

Thank you for your reply. Yes i am 2011 selectee. i am hoping they will send me back my packet.

Thank you for your reply. Yes i am 2011 selectee. i am hoping they will send me back my packet.

yeah, hopefully.
Even if they cash and you get reject letter just bite the bitter truth and refile when your CORRECT time comes.
However, they may just go ahead and issue you NoA etc, as if the application is ok and accepted. Then if you wait you will be called upon for intvw late next year AND if you are a rare lucky one, may get approved, but most likely you will be rejected at the intvw or when the FO review application.
Still if enough time is left, you can refile.

My best advise is, even if they seemingly accept your pack and issue NoA, write and withdraw the application. They will not refund you.
Refile when correct time comes. Option is up to you, but do not risk 'cos your number is higher.
Maintain your current visa (F? H?) until your GC is approved for good!

Best!

PS: Remember, CP is an option for you as well. What is your native land? keep an eye on how things move in that country if they have a forum here. If not find out how it works there. CP is very strt fwd than AoS, especially for those with high CN s.

Last edited by a moderator: