I can\'t believe it . My 485 is approved !!!

hopeful waiter

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I verified AVM just now and heard the golden words that our I-485 has been approved for all of our family members.
The details are:
EB2/RIR
PD:Jan \'00
ND: Mar \'01
WAC# 01-125-xxxx
FP:Aug \'01
Thank you all, and wish you all the very best.

I\'m so excited to see one more approval here. Congratulations!!

Thank you for sharing your information. I hope all others will get it soon.

BTW: can you tell us more detail about your FP date?

Maggie

Congrats hopeful waiter !!!

Congrats hopeful waiter !!!! Can yoou please post the exact notice date ?

Congrats!! Did you hear AVM mentioning about receiving your FP before the approval??

I'm asking the following: on dvlottery
1. when you are selected will you be expected to give an address of resident in the US? what of people that don't know anybody in the US?
2. if you are not in a country of your birth or citizenship, in another country for other purposes( studies etc). where will be your country where you will have your visa interview after being selected? in the country where you live today or in the country of your birth?
3. what documents will they ask for during the interview?
4. when you are successful for the interview and you are still a student in a university other than in Us what happens? what is expected of you? to immigrate immediately or you can go to the US and come back to complete your education?
5. please tell me about more details of this visa lottery after the application
thank you~! help out on this questions please

For #2, you can choose to be interviewed in the country where you live, if you are living there legally.

For #4, you are given 6 months to enter the US. Then when you are in the US, you can apply for a reentry permit that will allow you to stay outside the US for 2 years.

Please Help!

I married my husband, from the UK, last year and just finished our interview last month. We have had a lot of stresses, personnel, professional, family (step-kids 5 and 2 of them special needs) and my own trust and insecruity issues after a cheating husband of 17 years. Anyway we had a huge blowup and he left. I felt so betreayed that I faxed a letter to the immergeration interviewer stating he had moved out and I wasn't sure of his intent. We spoke the next day as I experienced and emotional breakdown because of my actions. I have since sent in another nortorized fax stating all the difficulties that led up to my initial fax. Will this cause his green card to be denied. We want to work things out but he is still very angry and cant move forward until he knows if this has affected his green card.

Has anyone done anything this foolish before...He did cause many of my doubts by his actions which I will not go into detail at this time. I love him and want him to stay...What can I do?

Customs has detained my finace again

My wife to be, who is coming from Ghana, Africa, tried to bring gold into the country through custom at JFK International airport. All of her paper were in order. Customs had her in custody at JFK for over a year, between years 2010 and 2011. I know this is hard to believe. My fiance is a very beautiful women. Some of the agents have offered to marry her so she could enter the country. Some agents brought her Christmas gifts. Customs would not let her enter the country and they would not let her go back home. She would be told that she could leave after we paid what ever they ask for. We would pay them the money and they still would not let go.I would go to JFK from Baltimore, Maryland to pick her up and they would change there minds. Twice this has happen. She begged them let her go home, after more than a year in custody. They let her go back home finally, but not with the gold. Customs had her worried about not being able to come back into US. Her Uncle in Ghana is a police officer. He would stay in contract with customs in NY JFK. Her unlce was told for her to come and get her gold they do not want it. And there would be know problems. She is back now to claim her gold. But customs took her into custody again at New York, JFK airport. Customs never mentioned andything about $6000.00 for a receipt for the gold. Now they want $6000.00 for a receipt for the gold and she can leave. We don't $6000.00. So she will have to return home and take her gold with her. The question is can she take her gold and go back and still be able to return to the States at a different time?She has been there a week now, Her flight arrived last Saturday, 6-8-2013. She was so worried that she would be deported that she was afraid to make waives the first time she was detained in 2010. She has 6 gold bars weighting 96oz each. They gave her a phone while in custody, but you can only text on it. Thats how we communicated then and now.

Help
ampshotwatts