I can now officially flip Burgers

psmith

Registered Users (C)
:p

Hi All,
My wife's and my application for Permanent Residency in the United States have finally been approved. The applications were approved on the 6th of November 2002.
Our RDs were the 18th of October even though our Lawyer mailed it on the 12th) possibly due to the Anthrax scare. Sorry for the late posting to the board. I am currently outside the country and came to know the good news via the INS online tracker. Our details are as follows
Priority Date - 2/23/01
I-140 RD - 05/24/01
I-140 ND - 07/20/01
I-140 AD - 09/07/01
I-485 Mail Date - 10/12/01
I-485 RD - 10/18/01
I-485 ND - 11/29/01
EAD AD - 12/27/01
FP (Self at Jamaica, NY) - 01/29/02 (Classified and sent on 02/01/02)
FP (Wife at NY, NY) - 01/29/02 (Classified and sent on 02/05/02)
EAD Renewal Mail Date - 10/31/02
I-485 AD - 11/06/02
EB2-India-NY
EAC-02-050-5xxxx
I have been with the same employer through out the process.

I am reasonably certain of all the dates mentioned but there might be mistakes in the order of a couple of days in the PD and 140 details.

We will be back in the US on the 1st of Dec. Will probably go to the NY INS office soon thereafter to get the Passports stamped.
We are happy to be home at this time to share our happiness with our family.

I will post more details about my experiences once I get back. I wish to thank
Greaty-K, Mr. Rajiv Khanna, Another-Wish, Milk for being generous with their time, effort, resources and selfless work. Hats off to you all.

To Silent Surfers I just want to say that timely update at rupnet.com and this billboard helps everybody understand the timeline and quirks of this rather arduous process. Please do every one a favor and update rupnet and this board early and as often as there is news on your case (and not just when
your RD approval time approaches)

To the likes of ShantanuB, Habib and all other hate mongers. I have avoided responding to threads started/hijacked by you but wanted to convey my feelings now. You might be secure in your position now (you may even have your GC and are just trolling the board for sadistic entertainment) but it takes very little to turn things topsy turvy. Hubris is the first step to ruin. Please try to control your hate and find healthier forms of entertainment.

Okay enough pontification. I will probably not be able to come to this board again till I return to the US. I think I have given most pertinent of my details. Please do not be upset if you do not hear from me till later.

Congratulations..

and thanks for posting the info.
Please post your experience at the port of entry on your return since now you will be entering as an approved case. Thanks.

Very Important

Please make sure the burgers are well done..otherwise I will have you deported...
GoodLuck

congratulations psmith

All the best to you and your wife.

Thanks for the info. and please do let us know about ypur experience at the port of entry when you get back.

Enjoy!

Wow,

What a painful journey this GC....................just to be able to flip burgers.

Uncle Sam checks all our degrees and qualifications and criminal records and FPs etc. etc. and all the other legal junk just to make sure sure that, in the end, one is legally eligible to flip burgers.

Psmith, well said and said true...........

:) :(

Thanks

I will post my experiences at the POE once I come back. Thanks for all best wishes. I hope all of you get your GCs soon. To answer someone's question I am not sure if I am the first NYer to get approval with RD in Oct 2001. Even though my case was relatively straightforward I was following NY transfer cases like Kamal Matta's and others with apprehension. Thanks to the almighty my case got approved without an RFE. I hope their interviews are scheduled soon and they get their GCs. Good Luck to all.

Back in the States

Folks,
As promised I am informing the forum of my experience entering the US after having my GC approved while I was outside the country. Re-entry was not a problem. I and my wife had valid H1/H4 visas valid till Sep 30 2003 and had not applied for APs. We travelled using our H visas only as advised by our lawyer. The only thing different while entering this time was some sort of "Secondary Questioning". The Immigration officer asked me if I was still with the same company (Yes I replied) he stamped out I-94s and sent us our way. On the way out just before customs we were directed to a customs officer (the others (citizens?) who came with us went out unhindered). We went dreading that they would ask us to open our bags, we had brought back a motherlode of foodstuff, pickles and what not. The officer just asked us how much cash we were carrying ($200-$300) and if me and my wife lived at the same address and sent us off on our way. Incidentally there was an Indian who was there ahead of us who was asked to open his bags. He had brought back some pickles which the officer let him take them along with him after consulting with his superior.

A question I have which I will post under a new thread also is- Can I go on anyday to the federal Plaza in NYC to get the stamping done? The CC from the INS seems to indicate I need to go only on a Friday. Coming Friday happens to be the 6th which will make it exactly 30 days since our approvals, I do not want the stamping to be delayed because they need to do a new IBIS check. Can someone claify if I can go earlier and also of any experiences regarding passport stamping at the INS office in NYC.
I will post a comprehensive post regarding my experiences in the GC process soon. Thanks all for your support.