I became a citizen

kiev

Registered Users (C)
All,

I posted my first message here in February 2004 when I got my green card. Since then I have been checking this forum on an almost daily basis. I wanted everybody to know that I was sworn in as a naturalized citizen in Brooklyn NY yesterday (June 12). I first applied for asylum in 1992, got it approved in 1997 and received my green card seven years after that.

You can find in my signature the relevant dates of my N-400. It was a breeze compared to the long delays of the asylum and adjustment processes.

All,

I posted my first message here in February 2004 when I got my green card. Since then I have been checking this forum on an almost daily basis. I wanted everybody to know that I was sworn in as a naturalized citizen in Brooklyn NY yesterday (June 12). I first applied for asylum in 1992, got it approved in 1997 and received my green card seven years after that.

You can find in my signature the relevant dates of my N-400. It was a breeze compared to the long delays of the asylum and adjustment processes.

Congrats my friend!!!!

Question, why did you send your N-400 initial papers to VSC, wasn't it supposed to be sent to Texas?

I just see 2 places to send papers Arizona and Texas in the N-400 directions.

Please clarify.

Congrats my friend!!!!

Question, why did you send your N-400 initial papers to VSC, wasn't it supposed to be sent to Texas?

I just see 2 places to send papers Arizona and Texas in the N-400 directions.

Please clarify.

At that time they were to be sent to VSC. Soon after I filed the rules changed to require filing in Texas.

KIEV CONGRATULATION

i have a question did they ask you about visiting COP ?

The application form requires you to list all your trips outside the United States and during the interview the officer will have go over your form question by question. When he got to the question about trips, I recited my trips to him and he then commented: I see that you never returned to your country of citizenship. I said that is right and he said I am glad to hear that.