I am very very depressed now, this is more qualified to be called a tortune

goal32

Registered Users (C)
Team,

I am speechless at this moment due to the frustration and sadness ...
I called IIO last week to check the status the lady answering the phone was very nice. She looked at the case and said that my case was with an officer for few months. And I explain to her that my mother in China has been ill (I was not making up a story) and it would be greatly appreciated that they can speed up my case little bit. BTW, I don't have multiple entries and I know someone got denied to readmission after the visit. And I am also stupid engouh to not apply for a AP. My case was filed in 09/2001. She said she would send an email to the officer and asked me to call back after one week if nothing happened. So I called today. Another lady picked up the phone and told me this

"You case was not aasigned to an officer yet"

I feel deeply sad, confused, betrayed ...
God I don't know how to dealt with it. I don't know what I did to deserve this ............. and what else I should go through. I tell you if I am not married and have family I will pack at this very moment. This is much more than enough. I never went through a tortune like this.

goal32,
take it easy......!

the same thing has happened with me four times now.
each time i'm told a different reply....and if u ask them why are they giving contradictory statements they will have no answer.

so just apply for a multiple entry AP and pray for the best.

I was also worried about returning on AP. But nothing happened.
Take all your documents, like past H1B, W-2s, current payslips and a employment letter from employer. Make sure you don't stop at PAKISTAAN or any middle-east country.

Gooluck.

goal32,
Take it easy, Why don't you go down to your local office and get an AP. Explain to them your situation and hopefully they will approve it sooner. I can surely understand what you are going through. This process indeed puts a lot of strain and on a daily basis I am having to make tough decisions. But I guess hope is what keeps all of us going. Your day is bound to come. Keep your faith.

wishing your mother a speedy recovery and good luck with your trip.

goal32,
Wish your mother gets well soon. U can never rely on this stupid GC process. So I think you can walk in to your local INS office for emergency AP. But they are cold too as other IIOs, so take sufficient documents, like a medical certificate from your mother's doctor from China and any possible documents that shows the seriousness of your visit and requirement for AP. Hope this helps.

Good luck

Thanks everyone. I don't know if Chicago local INS will give AP. Does anyone have such info?

thanks

Chicago AP

Chicago gives AP. I went to the downtown office couple of months back to get AP.

They would want these details from you

1. Letter from your Mom stating that she is ill (FAX)
2. Your I 485 Receipt Notice
3. Tickets to china
4. Employment letter

You may have to fill the I 131 travel document there and give them the fees and they would give you emergency advance parole.

Do not worry. You would get it.

Go early in the morning in order to get your token.

The people who work there are very arrogant..,.

Just for you information

If your case has been pending for over 18 months, you can ask senators or congressmen for help.

I had the same experiences before my case was approved. My case had been pending for two whole years. INS is a mess.

Thanks to everyone who had offered valuable suggestion and advices.
Let us help each other to get through this

What is the risk?

Has anyone traveled on AP? What degree of risk does it have?
And why they said the local office does not provide AP?
But it seems Indiagirl got hers from Chicago office.

Thanks

goal32 -

I had travelled on AP before last December. Came back via Chicago. It was easy. The Immigration Office looked at the AP I had, checked his PC, stamped my passport, and my I-94 with the parolee date, told me to step aside so that he can get a copy of my AP and then I am on my way. Whole thing took about 15 minutes.

no, goal32. do what they have suggested, go to your local BCIS with all the documents. try speaking with the local BCIS supervisor if they give you a hard time. i got mine at local BCIS KS.

good luck. hope things will be smooth for you.