I am speechless...

Anahit

Registered Users (C)
I have been a citizen for 2.5 years. I got my GC in February, 2002.
Today I received a Notice of Action from USCIS, a Welcome Notice, to be exact, about getting my GREEN CARD within 30 days. :eek: :( :confused:
I checked the case status online by the receipt date on the Notice. Here is what it says:
"Application Type: I181, CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 18, 2002, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."
Could the actions of USCIS get any worse? :confused:

Well you could sell copies of this letter to those who are filing WOM etc against USCSI for gross delays in background checks;)

I am sure the judge would not need to go beyond this submission to determine the gross incompetence that is on display in this gigantic government organization. And now they want to increase fees multifoold because the head of the organization, an immigrant from Cuba (?), thinks US citizensip is priceless(setting foot on the shores in one piece!). May God bless the US(cis):)

Today I received a Notice of Action from USCIS, a Welcome Notice, to be exact, about getting my GREEN CARD within 30 days. :eek: :( :confused:
I checked the case status online by the receipt date on the Notice. Here is what it says:

On January 18, 2002, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

Last edited by a moderator:

This is serious.

Write a courteous letter (make photocopies of everything) and schedule an InfoPass and explain.

Even though USCIS is grossly incompetent at times remember you are the one who could potentially have problems down the line.

So clear this up with them immediately.

You got green card by marrying a us citizen?in feb 2002 then you applied for citizenship in dec 2004? then got it say in 6 months in may 2005? from may 2005 to april 2007? is that 2.5 years? :rolleyes:
The green cardway - h1-b visa and marriage. Both having ways south asians(h1b's) or others(usually marriage) know how to exploit. Plus this birthright citizenship(illegals). Lots of holes that should be filled.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is serious.

Write a courteous letter (make photocopies of everything) and schedule an InfoPass and explain.

Even though USCIS is grossly incompetent at times remember you are the one who could potentially have problems down the line.

So clear this up with them immediately.
I will definitely clear it up.
Thanks

You got green card by marrying a us citizen?in feb 2002 then you applied for citizenship in dec 2004? then got it say in 6 months in may 2005? from may 2005 to april 2007? is that 2.5 years? :rolleyes:
The green cardway - h1-b visa and marriage. Both having ways south asians(h1b's) or others(usually marriage) know how to exploit. Plus this birthright citizenship(illegals). Lots of holes that should be filled.
No, I didn't get my GC based on marriage to USC. I got the plastic card in 2002, but it had a date of my entry into this country which was in 1994... It's a long story (I did post it here when I first joined the forum)...

Took the notice with me to interview. The lady seemed dumbfounded....but she said it's no biggie, to not worry about it!!!