I am so confused now!!!

andresenpark

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I was recently layoff and my last day is 10/31/06. A month ago I decided to move back to Malaysia and semi-retired because I was sick of the corporate world. Everything went according to plan until I received the welcoming email from the USCIS saying my I-485 has been approved. I must say it has been a long journey to this point. My patience was severely tested on several ocassions and I actually informed my attorney to withdraw the I485 petition just 3 days ago (don't know the status of that)!!!

My question to you all is: If I receive the greencard before I leave the USA on 12/31/2006 then how do I continue to keep the card valid and for how long?

Your advise is highly appreciated. Thanks for the time.
===================================
EB3 Non-retro country
Labor Cert approved: February 2002
I140/I148 concurrent filing: February 2002
I140 approved: 6/6/2005
I485 approved: 9/18/2006

andresenpark said:
Hi,
I was recently layoff and my last day is 10/31/06. A month ago I decided to move back to Malaysia and semi-retired because I was sick of the corporate world. Everything went according to plan until I received the welcoming email from the USCIS saying my I-485 has been approved. I must say it has been a long journey to this point. My patience was severely tested on several ocassions and I actually informed my attorney to withdraw the I485 petition just 3 days ago (don't know the status of that)!!!

My question to you all is: If I receive the greencard before I leave the USA on 12/31/2006 then how do I continue to keep the card valid and for how long?

Your advise is highly appreciated. Thanks for the time.
===================================
EB3 Non-retro country
Labor Cert approved: February 2002
I140/I148 concurrent filing: February 2002
I140 approved: 6/6/2005
I485 approved: 9/18/2006

green card is normaly valid for 10 years. in order for you to keep green card valid you must not stay abroad more than 6 month at any given period of time. if you stay longer tha 6 month then your card would become invalid.

if you want to stay out for more than 6 months but less than 2 years, then apply for a re entry permit and take the approval notice along with you when u leave , but make sure u come before 2 years .. that way u can keep your greencard alive .

To know more in detail and precise rule search this website .. u will get lot of info on this .

Good luck