I am shaken, Please Help

ccs

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
When I was reading the post about salary information and denial of I-485, I was shaken..

In my Labor, it was mentioned 80K and now I am getting (since Sept 2002) little over 100K..Before sept 2002, I was getting 80K.

Will that be problem in I-485 approval..

Case details:

RD: 02/14/02
ND: 03/18/02
FP: 05/24/02

Relax

Just relax. My labor was for 80K and let's just say I am making a hell lot more than that right now. GC was approved last month w/o any REF. It all depends on your lawyer and the reputation of your company.
My lawyer said making more money is not the problem, making LESS is, as it shows bad faith on the company side.
Good luck.
-- GG

Looking at this mail and other of similar topic, I have a feeling that somewhere at INS there is human touch (negatively biased) to the cases with salary figures disagreeing with Labor numbers.

On one hand, they want to screw u up for having lesser salary (despite given econ. times).

On the other, they appear to be jealous/groused for higher comparative salary figures.

I think, life of immigrants (under I485 grind) is under hell lot of scrutiny, for whatever reasons (econo, 9/11, sniper etc. etc.).

U seem to be required to be stone static while they r going thru ur case and I mean from salary, address, job, family etc. etc,. stand points.

Don't move. Just raise ur hands and cry silently while u wait.

My spare cents.....................

almost_free,

I wonder and marvel how smartly u work out these kind of future projections for yourself down to last digit dollar figures, as to be able to advise others too (whether applicable to them or not).

Over and above, u don't charge any fee too for such advices of urs.

U r really handling the fear factor in ur life very patiently. Don't worry, the day will come for u when ur figures will fructify and u will be flying/boating out of the country thru the best deal at ur current disposal.

:D ;) :D ;)

ccs and green_gator

what kinda jobs do u guys do?

I am making nowhere near you guys. I am planning on a field change after GC maybe i can try something different especially if its gonna pay me more $$$ :D

I found some info

http://www.murthy.com/chat0826.html

Please read this:

Chat User : Good evening, Sheela. I filed for my permanent labor certification in March 2002 with Sr. Software Engineer designation. Last month my designation changed with a 25% salary hike, but the job description remains the same. Do I need to re-file my labor certification? Thanks

Attorney Murthy : If the salary hike means that the job duties have changed or the position is different even though the employer's job description remains the same, it may require a new LC filing. Also, the newspaper advertisement may pose a problem since the higher salary may have yielded more resumes from U.S. workers so sometimes the INS or the Department of Labor requires a new filing, especially if the advertisements had the lower salary. So, it depends on how the case was filed. If it was RIR and the ads did not mention salary, it would not be as much of an issue as it would if it is regular and the ad ran with the old salary. (Ads for "regular" cases have to mention salary.)

Hey Guys,

Please post reply / your opinion on this one..

Field:
Experience in Years: 2 3 4 5 6
Salary : ? ? ? ? ?

Re: Hey Guys,

Originally posted by DryIce
Please post reply / your opinion on this one..

Field:
Experience in Years: 2 3 4 5 6
Salary : ? ? ? ? ?

Field: SAP
Exp - Salary
2 - 65000
3 - 75000
4 - 90000
5 - 100000
6+ - 110000 - 180000

ccs: Stay cool and happy. Given the job market to go from 80K to 100K+ should make you merry. As long as you can credibly prove (if you were to get a RFE) that your job duties are the same or similar, you should be fine.

I have friends who had got about 25-35% raises, 5-10% cut and 3-6% raise again in the past 3 years and got their GCs. (BTW, I quit before the cut from the company).

DryIce: Check salary.com and even Yahoo's HotJobs. Salary is a complex determination including skills, experience, demand/supply, location, etc. And on top of that the individual's negotiating skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys..

You guys are really helpful and responsive. So has been everyone on this forum. Thanks everybody.

salary.com

I have checked the site many times before. I get paid about >10% lower than their median for my job. I can see that there are other jobs that pay quite well but i dont know how i can actually get those jobs!

Anyway i havent really started looking but i will probably look for a BPR/ERP related job. Anybody have good book recommendations?

What about .NET? How good/bad is that?

Thank you all friends!!
I just talked to my employer about this issue.. he said my total annual salary will be around 85K for 2002..since I just had hike..

I have no clue how INS looks and justifies the salary info. Because when LC filed.. it was different market..now it is diffrerent. I had 60K in 2000 and 65 K 2001 in small city in MI. Now I have moved to East Coast, where cost of living is so high.. Is itn't reasonable to have that much raise??

Thanks again!