I am scared. Unemployment. could be a problem??what documentation to show?

fliflop

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all new USC. Thank you for doing a place like this.

I have been reading this forum before registering and I have a question:

I have been without working since June 2008. I went to school until June 2009 studing English. My daughter was born on June 2009 so I have been taking care of her and I got a computing certification on Dec 2009. My wife has been working all the time.

Well, direct to point. I read one guy in this forum that had a problem because of not being working for a long time. So I am scared if they denied my citizenship because they thing I practiced illegal actions o something.. you know this guys..What can I bring with me to the interview that they can accept. eg W-2 2008 - 2009 of my wife, tax return, pay checks of my wife. should be ok???

I think that it is illegal to do something like that but you never know..

Thank you guys
Good luck to everybody

There is no requirement for work or to be working to acquire USC. I worked for 1 year after my GC and have been a student ever since. No problems in the interview what so ever. They may ask you for your financial support -- which in my case was loans and savings. Make sure you file the your returns - thats the most important thing!

loose the worries...

woo, you answered too fast. I didn´t have time to read your post cause I was writing something else.
I have the tax returns for the 5 years( well the first is an account trascript).

Thanks

I lost my job last year in october and i havent worked since then but i am school...I went to the interview today (04/23/2010) and the IO while walking me to her office asked me what kind of job I do..I told her I am unemployed but in the nursing program...she was very impressed....I passed interview..Just tell them you cant find a job, you are in school or planning to go back, your wife is supporting the family..if no criminal record then you are fine

Hi guys,

Congratulations to all new USC. Thank you for doing a place like this.

I have been reading this forum before registering and I have a question:

I have been without working since June 2008. I went to school until June 2009 studing English. My daughter was born on June 2009 so I have been taking care of her and I got a computing certification on Dec 2009. My wife has been working all the time.

Well, direct to point. I read one guy in this forum that had a problem because of not being working for a long time. So I am scared if they denied my citizenship because they thing I practiced illegal actions o something.. you know this guys..What can I bring with me to the interview that they can accept. eg W-2 2008 - 2009 of my wife, tax return, pay checks of my wife. should be ok???

I think that it is illegal to do something like that but you never know..

Thank you guys
Good luck to everybody

Having a job is not required for naturalization. So the fact that you are unemployed should have no bearing on the processing of your N-400 application.

Having a job is not required for naturalization. So the fact that you are unemployed should have no bearing on the processing of your N-400 application.

Thanks,

I understand that. The instructions don´t say anything about uneployment My questions was about what to bring just in case they ask for it. So I think that the tax return should be ok? correct?

Thanks to everybody for the fast answers.
Good luck

i just mail my n 400 application on april 19th ,Im in the same position , being unemployed last year, the difference is that i collected unemployment benifits, but i made sure that i paid and file taxes on it. im currently fulling out my college paper work to go to school, and i went for a interview for a part time job so i should be working part time by the time my interveiw time. they know that the economy is hard and a lot of people is out of work , thats why they extend unemployment benifits a few extra months.
but im taking all 5 yrs tax transcript a long with a letter from my mom stating that im living with her and she provides room and board/support just in case they ask, but i doubt they will.