I am scared please help me!!!

sunsri

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I feel really very ashamed even just to talk about the silly mistake i have made for which i am paying rightnow. My rd is july 24 and nd is sep 17. I use to call ins and talk to iio very frequently in feb. Sometimes i even called everyday. That time i didn\'t know that i was making a mistake.I haven\'s seen anywhere on this forum or anywhere else talking to an iio could delay your case. One day one officer asked me if i called yesterday, i said yes, it\'s not good that i am wasting lot of time by calling them everyday. She told me that they were processing march cases then and it would take atleast six more months to get to my case. After that i totally stopped calling. But i was issued an RFE medical for me and employment letter, paystubs and stuff for my husband. But my husband\'s colligue who filed at the same time didn\'t get any RFE. We responded to our RFE. Now i am worried that they might transfer my case to the local office for an interview which would take another 6 months or so, just because i made a silly mistake of calling them everyday. I feel terrible. My husband didn\'t do anything, because of my foolishness he is also paying rightnow. So, guys do you think that it might happen to me, they punish me this hard.

tell your husband not to worry

Just relax. It is just scary how much this green card process has taken our your life and your peace of mind.Dont feel scared if documents are right nobodoy will deny your application.Never let your and your family life taken over by INS. Dont be scared!

There is no law that - calling IIO delays your processing time

YOu are lucky that you atleast got an RFE. That means your case is moving. Provide all details and you will be approved soon. Calling IIO everyday is not Good because they maintain a record everytime you call them. But there is no rule that they will reject your application based on number of calls you made !!!

relax....

when did you get RFE...and how long has it been since you applied....
please give it 3-4 weeks...and I think your case will be approved......
do not worry too much over what has happened....

please provide details of your RFE...like when your AVM changed and when your attorney actually got the RFE after that.....how long has it been since you applied......it will help others to track their RFEs....maybe you can post details on the message - \'List of RFE waiters(started 03/26/02)\'....

take care....relax....and enjoy your life......

Hey .. if INS can mail approvals to dead people they can do anything

You never know ... I doubt if even God knows what goes on at INS

Thanks a lot guys!!!

Thanks a lot guys for your support. I feel much better now. I have responded to the RFE and the AVM also updated to a different message saying that they have received my reponse blah blah. I will wait and see what happens now.

Here are my details. Our PD is some time in June 1999. We filed for our 485 in July 2001, RD is July 24 and ND is Sep 17. INS mailed RFE on 20 March, My lawyer received it sometime in the first week of April i guess. Lawyer fedexed the required documents to INS on April 8. The AVM was updtaed on April 13 to Response received. My RFE is about medical( was pregnant while filing for 485) and my husband\'s it\'s about employment letter,paystubs etc. Let me know if you need any more details. I would be happy to give it to you.

My wife was pregnant too at the time we filed our 485...

I am sure you won\'t have any problems getting approved.

Can you please let us know what you\'re asked to do in your medical RFE and how you responded? That will help us a lot in being prepared if/when we eventually get an RFE.

Thanks!

SunsrI....

I have observed that normally once you get RFE you will not be subjected to interview, rather RFE will put your processing in the express lane (after you have mailed all the info. required.). So hang in there...

Need few details

Hi

Sorry to hear about your RFE,based on what i hear from my buddies i do not think you and ur huby where give RFE just for calling so many times,it depends on the officer who handles ur case.SO JUST RELAX ,everything will be okay.

Can we know for how many months of pay-stubs did INS ask for and did you happen to change ur address in the last six months.Thanks for any info,appreciate it.

Thanks Guys!!

We have been asked to submit last six month pay stubs. Actually we just found out that my husband made a mistake when he sent those paystubs. Instead of sending Jan 2002 paystub he sent Jan 2001 paystub but everything else was in order though Feb 2002 and March 2002 paystubs were there . Once our attorney mails out the requested info to INS she also sends a copy of that info to us. We checked everything and we found this. I guess we are not meant to get a greencard afterall. What\'s next another RFE from INS for a missing or wrong paystub. I give up guys. I wish you all the very best. Guys please check twice before you send anything.