I Am Now A Us Citizen

Irishalien

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday, I became a proud United States citizen. The letter told us to be there at 8 am, which I was. There was already a line when I got there, but not too bad. As we waited for the actual courtroom to open, a lady came by and asked us for our oath letters, and to make sure that nothing had changed since our interview. At 8:45, the courtroom opened and they brought us in and sat us down. She then talked to us about what would happen, and what we should do after the ceremony (get a passport, etc..). At 9 the judge came in, gave a brief statement about what it means to be a citizen and then had us all stand up and raise our right hand. We recited the oath and then we all shook hands. It was a very nice moment. So many of us had struggled and we finally made it. After this, we were given our naturalization documents, and my fiance and I went home. Thank you all for helping me out through these past few weeks. I wish you all the best of luck, and hope your oath comes sooner than later.

Congrulations Irish!! Happy to hear all went well.

Could you tell me when you got there did you sign the Oath letter before you gave it away, and also did you have to sign it the same way you did when you had your interview?

shahidsan said:
Congrulations Irish!! Happy to hear all went well.

Could you tell me when you got there did you sign the Oath letter before you gave it away, and also did you have to sign it the same way you did when you had your interview?

I just answered the questions on the back of the sheet (all "no" obviously). I then signed it with my middle name, as that was what I put on the application. She then came by, looked at it too make sure it was filled out correctly, and that was it. Very easy process. You will do fine Shah

Irish,

I'm so happy that your immigration journey is finally over, and that you are now a US Citizen!

Congratulations, and I hope you find a great way to celebrate the occasion! :D