I am done guys....ND:OCT 23rd 2002

gnkishore

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I am glad to inform you that my I-485 has been approved.
I-485 - EB3
RD:Oct 17Th 2002
ND:Oct 23rd 2002
AD: Jul14Th 2004

But I have a question..
My wife's RD is in SEP 2003. Her I-485 is still not approved. Do you have any idea when it will be approved. Can I change the job even when her case is not approved. I would appreciate if you can throw some light on it.

Thanks a lot to all you guys for your help all these years...
And all the best ... yours will be coming soon....
:)

gnkishore said:
Hi All,
I-485 - EB3

But I have a question..
My wife's RD is in SEP 2003. Her I-485 is still not approved. Do you have any idea when it will be approved. Can I change the job even when her case is not approved. I would appreciate if you can throw some light on it.

Congrats a lot !! Can you also tell us if you did FP2 or get an RFE. When did you do FP1. Thanks !!

Congrates

For your GC Case - you have to show the same job, employer etc.
For your wife's case - she has to prove marriage that any time you can show certificates etc.

I don't see any problem your joining elsewhere. Just keep same salary and job description.

...and the same salary and job desc is valid for 6 months at the most. if they ask, then you can cite AC-21 rule. but then once the green card is approved, i dont tihnk they will bother to check back before the end of 6 months to make sure that you still have the same job desc even though your wifes case is pending. i somehow doubt if they will put an RFE for your job after your GC is approved.

can anyone post if there are cases like that where spouse got RFE for primary applicants job after primary was approved?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my complete journey...
2000 June-July Labor applied
2001 June MI state Labor approved.
2001 Aug Federal Labor approved
2001 Aug I-140 applied.
2001 Oct I-140 rejected
Didn't look at the status for a while. And my lawyer has no clue what was going on. INS refused to give any information about my case as it was too late.
2002 Apr I-140 Applied again with Substitute LC
2002 Oct 17th I-485 applied. While I-140 is still pending.
2002 Oct 16Th I-140 approved.
2002 Nov 1st FP
2004 May 2nd FP
2004 Jul Approval ...

similar dates

gnkishore said:
Hi All,
I-485 - EB3

But I have a question..

My RD/ND is only a day different then what yours is. Did you get your 2nd FP done already? if yes, when did you get the notice?

Cheers!
Currys

I have a question.My GC approved Yesterday and I am on 7Th Year H1B extension. I got my extension a month back. Still I haven't stamped my passport with new VISA. My question do I need to take the H1B extension approval notice (Original) for my GC stamping or just the EAD and AP would do. I would appreciate if you can throw some light on it.
Thanks
Kishore.