I am approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodstart

Registered Users (C)
Wife approved today 9/27

I have just received my approval email. Thank You all for helping me out.

My wife is not approved though. I am wondering what will happen if she doesnot receive hers in 15 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodstar, your wife should be approved soon.
-----------------------------------
I-140 EB1 and NIW & I-485. Concurrent submission (own, wife and daughter)
RD: 05/05
AD: 1-140 EB 6/1/05
FP 7/8/05
I485 LUD: 7/13/05, “results of FP were received”,
LUD: 7/27/05, “on 07/17 we responded to your request for more info on your case” (change of address),
I-140 NIW, RFE on 08/15/05 (diploma translation), LUD 08/23/05, “we received your response for RFE and processing has resumed”
I-140 NIW, AD 9/8/05
I-485 AD, 09/08/05 for own and daughter, wife approved next day
Card ordered 9/8/05, card mailed 9/13/05.

dewey_daniel said:
Goodstar, your wife should be approved soon.
-----------------------------------
I-140 EB1 and NIW & I-485. Concurrent submission (own, wife and daughter)
RD: 05/05
AD: 1-140 EB 6/1/05
FP 7/8/05
I485 LUD: 7/13/05, “results of FP were received”,
LUD: 7/27/05, “on 07/17 we responded to your request for more info on your case” (change of address),
I-140 NIW, RFE on 08/15/05 (diploma translation), LUD 08/23/05, “we received your response for RFE and processing has resumed”
I-140 NIW, AD 9/8/05
I-485 AD, 09/08/05 for own and daughter, wife approved next day
Card ordered 9/8/05, card mailed 9/13/05.

Thank You. I hope that happens soon. I will keep you posted. No LUD on her of my 485 today.

goodstart said:
Thank You. I hope that happens soon. I will keep you posted. No LUD on her of my 485 today.

I wait for 5 months to see my spouse's 485 approval. It might take longer if you do nothing.
Please sent a email to FBI to ask the name check status.
I sent a FOIPA request to FBI for my spouse and got no record, which is good. Then I sent certified mail with return receipt to FBI to request expedite name check base on the FOIPA no record result. Attach it to the letter.
Apparently, my spouse has a common name and has working experience in US. That caused the delay.
The certified mail seemed do the "Magic".
Two months after the mail, my spouse got approval.

you can find all of the information I mentioned above in this great forum.

Good luck.

reachsky

reachsky said:
I wait for 5 months to see my spouse's 485 approval. It might take longer if you do nothing.
Please sent a email to FBI to ask the name check status.
I sent a FOIPA request to FBI for my spouse and got no record, which is good. Then I sent certified mail with return receipt to FBI to request expedite name check base on the FOIPA no record result. Attach it to the letter.
Apparently, my spouse has a common name and has working experience in US. That caused the delay.
The certified mail seemed do the "Magic".
Two months after the mail, my spouse got approval.

you can find all of the information I mentioned above in this great forum.

Good luck.

reachsky

Thanks, First my attorney is going to call INS today.

My wife had called VSC today morning at 8 am. A nice lady answered and she was on phone for half hour.

Cus Rep told my wife that Name Check is back on 8/9 and Security check is complete. File looks ok to complete and she asked about my 140 approval and the category I belong.

After half hour of checking my wifes case cust rep said everything looks good and she would be approved very soon. I donot know what can be done after this?

Please give me ideas. Thanks!

nonogc said:
so happy for you. one more couple out of this dark tunnel.. :)

Thanks. I hope my wife receives her approval email soon. I am approved but didnot feel like celebrating until she receives her approval.

Good luck to you!

Who do you think your'e trying to bluff ?

goodstart said:
Thanks. I hope my wife receives her approval email soon. I am approved but didnot feel like celebrating until she receives her approval.

Good luck to you!
You just typed these lines to make her feel better .. right !!!! and by the way you should ONLY celebrate it with her ;) ..... CONGRATULATIONS and Also Pending Congrats for your wife .. it just a matter of time .. just a lil wait

Cheekoo said:
You just typed these lines to make her feel better .. right !!!! and by the way you should ONLY celebrate it with her ;) ..... CONGRATULATIONS and Also Pending Congrats for your wife .. it just a matter of time .. just a lil wait

:) You are right man about celebration ;) Good luck to you! My wife has an LUD today few minutes ago. I guess Cust Rep did forward her case to an officer as she had mentioned.

to Good start

can you tell me what is the #number your wife used to call VSC?
I called 1-800-375-5283, the agent was not from VSC, he wrote down my case #, but no Lud changed.
I would appreciate very much for your reply.

best wishes.

IDM said:
can you tell me what is the #number your wife used to call VSC?
I called 1-800-375-5283, the agent was not from VSC, he wrote down my case #, but no Lud changed.
I would appreciate very much for your reply.

best wishes.

My wife had used Number : 1800-375-5283 and selections as below. Good Luck to you.

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

Thank you so much

I did fingerprint in March, no LUD after that, will call them to see what is going on.

can you share the letter

reachsky:

could you please share with us the expedite letter you sent to FBI for name check? I'd like to try that.

Thanks a lot

gcwaiter66 said:
reachsky:

could you please share with us the expedite letter you sent to FBI for name check? I'd like to try that.

Thanks a lot
gcwaiter66,
I got this template from another thread and modified a little bit.
Good luck!

To, <DATE>
David M. Hardy, Chief,
Record/ Information Dissemination Section,
Federal Bureau of investigation,
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.,
Washington, D.C 20535

SUB: Name Check Expedite Request (pending since <DATE>)

Dear Mr. David M. Hardy,

I am writing to seek your help in expediting the name check request from USCIS which has been pending for more than X years and is causing extreme delays in my adjustment of status petition. USCIS informed me that the name check request to FBI has been sent on <DATE>. Your office responded to my FOIPA request (request No: #######, see attached) and indicated ‘no records’ in your database.

My Adjustment of Status petition, pending since <DATE>, cannot be adjudicated at this time. I sincerely hope that the information presented above will enable you to qualify my petition for expedition and closure on the name check request from USCIS.

To help identify information about me in your records systems and/or programs, I am providing the following identifying information:

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
A#
Address:
Email:

If you have any questions about handling this request, please call me at <PHONE> or email me.

Yours Sincerely,

<NAME>

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C 1746, I certify under penalty of perjury that the forgoing is true and correct and that I am requesting release of my records to myself.

Executed on: <DATE>

Signature:

Name:

My wife is approved today

I have good news to share. My wife is approved and she has just received her approval email. This has been possible because of a wonderful cust rep she had spoken with last week has forwarded her case to the officer.