I am an US Citizen! My timeline in Charleston, SC

magicmaxliu

Hello guys, :)
I got my citizenship two days ago in Charleston, SC. I was very surprise that the officer didn't even bother to look any of my documentations. He didn't look at my tax returns, my driver license clearance, and he didn't ask me about my trip outside of US for more than 6 months. I went to Japan to work for 7.5 months in 2005. I was super worry about this trip since the continue residency might be broken! However, he just looked through the application and checked it. Basically, he just asked me the same question on the application, sign my name, and gave me a test. His attitude was not very nice but he passed me in the end so I let it go. The entire process only took about 10 min. After he told me I pass, he asked me where I live. I told him that I have to return back to Europe to work, and he is like.... ok, come back here at 2PM. I was like, am I in trouble?? Nope, he told me that I will have a oath ceremony that afternoon. What???:eek: Same day oath in South Carolina?? :D I was freaking out of the news. I had a very good N400 journey and I would like to share my timeline to everyone. Good luck to you all!

5/28/2008 USCIS received application
5/28/2008 Priority date
5/29/2008 Check Cash
6/5/2008 Finger print notice mailed out
6/20/2008 My birthday with finger print appointment
6/20/2008 Finger print clear by FBI
6/25/2008 Waiting to be interviewed
Waiting .... waiting.....
11/13/2008 My interview date
11/13/2008 Oath Ceremony
11/14/2008 Applied Passport
Waiting to get my passport! Yeah... so happy :)

Max

Congrats! I'm glad to hear that they are doing same day oaths. What time was your appointment at? I have an appointment there at 10am and hope that will be early enough for a same day oath.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like they still are offering same day oath. My interview is scheduled on 1st December. And they do offer same day oath in Dallas. I hope they will offer me same day oath. If they dont, I'm gonna ask for it.

ncc