I-94

marco389

Hi,
My daughter has an L2 Visa. My L1 Visa will expire this year under the blanket petition. But I-94 will not expire until December 2006. Can my daughter legally stay here in the US to continue her study just by using her I-94 and without extending her L2 visa?

Please help me.

Thanks

marco389 said:
Hi,
My daughter has an L2 Visa. My L1 Visa will expire this year under the blanket petition. But I-94 will not expire until December 2006. Can my daughter legally stay here in the US to continue her study just by using her I-94 and without extending her L2 visa?

Please help me.

Thanks

Her stay is governed by the date on her I-94. Visa (the sticker in passport) is only used to seek entry into US and once you enter US, a visa stamp is pretty much useless.

If my company will send me home, do they have the right to cancel the Visa along with our I-94? What about the public high school that my daughter will be going to, will they charge a tuition fee as a foreign national even if her I-94 is still valid?

marco389 said:
If my company will send me home, do they have the right to cancel the Visa along with our I-94? What about the public high school that my daughter will be going to, will they charge a tuition fee as a foreign national even if her I-94 is still valid?

If your employment is terminated you will be considered out of status from the day of termination unless you apply for change of status to another category i.e. H1, B2, etc. If you have a pending green card adjustment of status pending you remain in status.

Public schools do not charge fees, no matter what your nationality/immigration status is. Only colleges/universities do so.